Welcome To aBlackWeb

HBO The Last of Us (No 2nd Game Spoilers!!)

Yall can't never just enjoy a good story 🙄

It came back around eventually, but most of the episode felt very disconnected from the main story.

And I say that knowing nothing going in… if you already knew the context clues ahead of time it probably hit different for you.

It just didn’t land for me tho. I’m expecting to see this story about this grizzled old man taking this child to safety across a post apocalyptic wasteland and instead got an hours worth of gay romance from characters I have no prior history with and no explanation for why I should care.

It was a long way to go for “ok this episode we got Joel a pickup truck”

The show didn't give us asshole Bill and asshole Ellie interactions. Bill was disgusted at Frank killing himself in the game but the show had Bill kill himself and we were suppose to get the first bloater. Joel just leaving all that firepower, I'm sure Bill stocked up on ammo

The show didn't give us asshole Bill and asshole Ellie interactions. Bill was disgusted at Frank killing himself in the game but the show had Bill kill himself and we were suppose to get the first bloater. Joel just leaving all that firepower, I'm sure Bill stocked up on ammo

He could only carry so much shit with them. Plus they can always go back if they need to... like a stash spot.

I thought it was a decent episode and good storytelling. Only thing that I wish they woulda shown was Joell and Ellie getting past some of Bills traps but I get it. Joell wouldnt have been caught so off guard since it seems like the show version of Bill and Joell had a better relationship than the game versions.

I like how they keep leaving lil breadcrumbs on how shit kicked off tho.

No wild intro about how the pandemic started this time but gotdamn that story Joell told about it getting into the food supply was disturbing
That theory made a whole lot of sense

Great episode.

I knew I wasn't getting a tit-for-tat remake of the game when I started the show, so I ain't all too pressed over artistic license taken by the very guy that wrote and created the game.

Also, Bill and Frank both died on their own terms in this telling. That's dope to me.

Neil Druckmann himself has said that the thesis of the story he's telling is about love and the ugly shit that it'll make people do.

Game Spoiler
Their story also serves to prop up Joel's later fateful decisions regarding Ellie and I could see that being smartly planted in advance through Bill's letter and its effect on Joel.

Last edited:
I really appreciate that this episode showed what the fucking "point" of survival is in this world. It's not just to be alive it's to have a chance to actually live. It's a pretty basic concept and it's not new in storytelling, but love is literally all we have and the strongest motivator of why we do anything. And conversely, what the absence of love does. Both Joel and Bill were just going through their lives tryna get to the next day until they found ppl worth protecting.

Ppl crying about the episode being boring and a detraction from killing zombies and danger and shit. If you legit didn't like or care for the episode, that's fine. But if you didn't feel that shit it's something deeply wrong with you.

I really appreciate that this episode showed what the fucking "point" of survival is in this world. It's not just to be alive it's to have a chance to actually live. It's a pretty basic concept and it's not new in storytelling, but love is literally all we have and the strongest motivator of why we do anything. And conversely, what the absence of love does. Both Joel and Bill were just going through their lives tryna get to the next day until they found ppl worth protecting.

Ppl crying about the episode being boring and a detraction from killing zombies and danger and shit. If you legit didn't like or care for the episode, that's fine. But if you didn't feel that shit it's something deeply wrong with you.
Couldn't say it any better myself

Back