Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY The Dorothy Jean Tillman Lounge

All good til the delivery driver comes back to ur crib to ask for a respectable tip

Shit happened to me recently I got a couple of niggas fired cuz of that

I wish a mf would come back to my door and ask for a bigger tip lmao. I'm fading that nigga and editing my tip to 0.

Coming back to your door is crazy. That nigga didn't respect you at all.

I worked at dominos for a summer as a delivery driver. Never again. People rarely tipped. It was awful

Most people ordering domino's are hard up for money that's why they're ordering it lol. But really it depends alot of location as well. My boy was delivering for one pizza place in a rich area and he was killing it. 🤷🏿‍♂️

Most people ordering domino's are hard up for money that's why they're ordering it lol. But really it depends alot of location as well. My boy was delivering for one pizza place in a rich area and he was killing it. 🤷🏿‍♂️

That’s also true. I unfortunately was delivering in the hood so you know already

@TTBF the cheapness of delivering in the hood was disgusting

I remember a few times where I was left disappointed and disgusted

I did a delivery at 12am where I went up 4 flights of stairs dripping in sweat. Six pizzas. Elevator wasn’t working of course. I get to the door. $53.48 was the charge. I gave her the pizzas and this bitch gave me $54. If she had shown me that money before I handed her the pizzas, I would have thrown the pizzas off the building and driven home and quit. And that’s just one story I have lol

@TTBF the cheapness of delivering in the hood was disgusting

I remember a few times where I was left disappointed and disgusted

I did a delivery at 12am where I went up 4 flights of stairs dripping in sweat. Six pizzas. Elevator wasn’t working of course. I get to the door. $53.48 was the charge. I gave her the pizzas and this bitch gave me $54. If she had shown me that money before I handed her the pizzas, I would have thrown the pizzas off the building and driven home and quit. And that’s just one story I have lol
lol only delivery job I ever had was after my freshman year in college delivering for this fancy restaurant

I don’t think I ever got less than a 20 dollar tip
U gotta choose wisely when picking delivery jobs

That's where the delivery fees go ro. 😅
Nah there’s a delivery fee on top of the pizza cost and tips are discretionary.

The delivery fee is kept by the company.

For DoorDash etc., the delivery fee goes to the driver. Not sure how much of it.

So drivers are already paid something prior to the tip regardless whether it’s pizza or DoorDash etc. They aren’t solely paid in tips.

For pizza, this delivery fee shit started when gas prices were stupid around 2009 and they just kept them even when gas prices went back down, smh.

Nah there’s a delivery fee on top of the pizza cost and tips are discretionary.

The delivery fee is kept by the company.

For DoorDash etc., the delivery fee goes to the driver. Not sure how much of it.

So drivers are already paid something prior to the tip regardless whether it’s pizza or DoorDash etc. They aren’t solely paid in tips.

For pizza, this delivery fee shit started when gas prices were stupid around 2009 and they just kept them even when gas prices went back down, smh.

Lol it's not like the pizza places are compartmentalize the money. Everything that comes in goes to employees then the company breaks down what's left lol.

We don't gotta do mental gymnastics cause yall don't want to tip lol. 😅

Lol it's not like the pizza places are compartmentalize the money. Everything that comes in goes to employees then the company breaks down what's left lol.

We don't gotta do mental gymnastics cause yall don't want to tip lol. 😅
Nah, as a corporate accountant, they absolutely compartmentalize that money. I’m oversimplifying for the sake of this discussion, but they have a line for pizza related profit, one for their delivery driver wages, one for the delivery fees they charge, and one for the tips they get. The wages and tips are the only things going to the employees. The rest is kept at corporate.

To my point though, tipping 15-20% is required for waiters because they get paid like $3/hour and the rest comes from tips. Delivery drivers are paid at least minimum wage if not more so the basis for tipping is different. Unless I’m mistaken on the pay structure of these drivers.

That’s all I’m saying and is why I don’t feel the need to tip waiter levels to delivery drivers.

Back