Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY The Dorothy Jean Tillman Lounge

I’m seeing the term sundress has change to literally just wearing any type of dress in the summer

The days of women actually going out and buying the “sundress” and having their ass eat it up was top tier

Naw those skin type under armor dress are part of sun dresses

We are losing recipes foreal.
I think that I can count the amount of women I seen in a dress period, today, on two hands. Women don’t wear dresses no more, not casually, not that they have to on our accord. Fashion changes and men don’t wear Jerseys like that no more. The dress is their Mitchel and Eess throw back.

You might see em from time to time, but when you see em, you gone kinda question why you see em…na mean?

Like, there’s a bunch of women in dresses round here, something going on? You gone ask yourself that

I think that I can count the amount of women I seen in a dress period, today, on two hands. Women don’t wear dresses no more, not casually, not that they have to on our accord. Fashion changes and men don’t wear Jerseys like that no more. The dress is their Mitchel and Eess throw back.

You might see em from time to time, but when you see em, you gone kinda question why you see em…na mean?

Like, there’s a bunch of women in dresses round here, something going on? You gone ask yourself that
You need to visit Texas and Louisiana b cause the dresses are EVERYWHERE

Bruh. They calling this a sun dress because it’s summer and it’s a dress

IMG_3616.jpeg

I was in high school when 9/11 happened and a sundress was certain type of dress.

I vividly remember girls/women going buy/saying they are getting a sun dress and not because it’s fucking summer and they have on any dress. It was certain type and that wasn’t it

This was a sundress in the early 2000s. Shit just changing for no reason.

IMG_3618.jpeg

Nasty? Nah it's realistic. I think way too logically to believe in sky daddy, in the face of generational systematic oppression
You know what fam, I don’t judge you because I understand you. I understand how you feel about it, because I’ve seen enough and been around enough to make me believe that there is no god and there is no purpose.

I used to believe the only purpose in life was to find out what makes you happy and go after it. I was gifted from god, a touch life, a life that made what I want be simple things. Simple things other people took for granted. Things I longEd for, for, forever or seemed like.

Things that brought tears to my eyes and cause me so much pain, how can it be so simple and easy but I can’t have it, what did I do to anyone to be curse to experience this. I said, fuck god, FUCK EM, he don’t give a shit about me if he do exist and fuck it if he don’t.

I went and did everything on my own, I suffered to gain everything I ever wanted and when I got it, nothing. I felt nothing, this can’t be, it has to be more. I accomplished more nothing, Infact the more I accomplished the less human I felt. The more disconnected I felt, nothing felt good enough. I contemplated ended it all.

That night, I finally spoke to god honestly. I cursed him, I told him fuck him, I let it all be. And right after, an hour after, I felt the most peace I ever felt in my life. Right after, everyday, he’s spoken to me through love ones and random occurrences. People come to me and seek advice on things god gave me the answer to.

Answers that seemed difficult for me to do, but I could see how it would be easy for them to do in their life. See brotha you can’t fathom the love or plan of god. No man can, and the more you try, the more you try to be god.

The more you try to create things in your image, the more your realize that you can’t do that, the more things fall apart, the more you realize that you can’t do it all, the more you give up, the more you become someone who can humble yourself to something greater than you. The more you understand that you don’t have to understand.

The more peace you feel, the more you hear god

You know what fam, I don’t judge you because I understand you. I understand how you feel about it, because I’ve seen enough and been around enough to make me believe that there is no god and there is no purpose.

I used to believe the only purpose in life was to find out what makes you happy and go after it. I was gifted from god, a touch life, a life that made what I want be simple things. Simple things other people took for granted. Things I longEd for, for, forever or seemed like.

Things that brought tears to my eyes and cause me so much pain, how can it be so simple and easy but I can’t have it, what did I do to anyone to be curse to experience this. I said, fuck god, FUCK EM, he don’t give a shit about me if he do exist and fuck it if he don’t.

I went and did everything on my own, I suffered to gain everything I ever wanted and when I got it, nothing. I felt nothing, this can’t be, it has to be more. I accomplished more nothing, Infact the more I accomplished the less human I felt. The more disconnected I felt, nothing felt good enough. I contemplated ended it all.

That night, I finally spoke to god honestly. I cursed him, I told him fuck him, I let it all be. And right after, an hour after, I felt the most peace I ever felt in my life. Right after, everyday, he’s spoken to me through love ones and random occurrences. People come to me and seek advice on things god gave me the answer to.

Answers that seemed difficult for me to do, but I could see how it would be easy for them to do in their life. See brotha you can’t fathom the love or plan of god. No man can, and the more you try, the more you try to be god.

The more you try to create things in your image, the more your realize that you can’t do that, the more things fall apart, the more you realize that you can’t do it all, the more you give up, the more you become someone who can humble yourself to something greater than you. The more you understand that you don’t have to understand.

The more peace you feel, the more you hear god
I respect this thoughtfulness

Usually I don't push my atheist views on folks. I'd much rather use that energy pushing my Pro black views. I only quoted you cuz I knew you were woke enough to handle it. I know we NEED coping mechanism to get by, so i go along, but I will never ever believe. I don't see any benefit in believing. I see people who believe get fucked over. I see people who don't believe live privileged lives. For example, Paris Hilton doesn't have to utter "Jesus take the wheel", "let go and let God". She's probably unfamiliar with those phrases and their meanings that black folk live by.

I just don't subscribe to the idea that human beings are not in complete control. I don't feel obligated to pander to the unseen for a better fortune or peace of mind. I respect people's worship but I ain't goin..

I respect this thoughtfulness

Usually I don't push my atheist views on folks. I'd much rather use that energy pushing my Pro black views. I only quoted you cuz I knew you were woke enough to handle it. I know we NEED coping mechanism to get by, so i go along, but I will never ever believe. I don't see any benefit in believing. I see people who believe get fucked over. I see people who don't believe live privileged lives. For example, Paris Hilton doesn't have to utter "Jesus take the wheel", "let go and let God". She's probably unfamiliar with those phrases and their meanings that black folk live by.

I just don't subscribe to the idea that human beings are not in complete control. I don't feel obligated to pander to the unseen for a better fortune or peace of mind. I respect people's worship but I ain't goin..
He still loves you fam, I love you too brotha

That Kel Mitchell interview on Club Shay Shay when he talks about his wife cheating on him multiple times and getting pregnant by other men multiple times is some shit I would've taken to the grave with me b.

Nah, Kel saving lives out here.

There's men right now with dick on their breath and kids that ain't theirs, full of rage.

Kel is a testament of restraint.

I remember trying to dangle my 1st fiance over the balcony because I read her pager and she reacted by stabbing my hand with a steak knife.

She yelling at me to drop her because she might be pregnant and I came to my senses and told the bitch to jump because it ain't mine.

I ended up smacking cheeks and the next day telling me she lied about the baby.

I hit it one more time and moved across the country.

Last edited:
Back