COMMUNITY The Dorothy Jean Tillman Lounge

If they are from the same area, Yes.

Black folks in the burbs don’t talk like black folks from the hood. And when they do try to sound like they are from a certain area it’s all good because they are black? The internet has brought words to everybody.

The bold is not true. African American Vernacular English (formerly known as Ebonics) is a real thing. It's fair to say that a white person from the southeast might speak more like a black person from the southeast than a white person from the northeast, but there are always differences between how black and white people speak regardless of what region you're talking about.

Black speech isn't defined solely by "from the hood or not from the hood." If you go to places like Atlanta or PGC in MD, you'll going to find commonalities in how black people speak whether they are from the burbs or the hood that are starkly different from how people of other races speak.

I think this is a more complicated topic than you're realizing.

Reactions: AP2.5 and SeaSnake
I didn't know that this was a real game. Memphis is a wild place. I rocks with their throwback music tho. They even mentioned Blackhaven in the game lol. Now that I think about, they should add Memphis as one of many cities to play at in GTA 6

Lol i swear i wasnt lying dreams is dope af...

I just loaded it up this weekend they got fan created zilla hulk, spiderman etc the zilla joint was thorough

• Goat
Reactions: T. Sanford
Good morning..Question for anyone,

You're on Teams and you start typing the answer in the office groupchat, but see a colleague start typing as well- do you let him or her answer, or do you answer first?

How come nobody every told me before I moved to the suburbs that when the weather finally starts getting nice they ruin the whole vibe by having nonstop leafblowers going every goddamn day?

What the fuck do these people have against leaves?

• Haha
Reactions: Tayboo
The bold is not true. African American Vernacular English (formerly known as Ebonics) is a real thing. It's fair to say that a white person from the southeast might speak more like a black person from the southeast than a white person from the northeast, but there are always differences between how black and white people speak regardless of what region you're talking about.

Black speech isn't defined solely by "from the hood or not from the hood." If you go to places like Atlanta or PGC in MD, you'll going to find commonalities in how black people speak whether they are from the burbs or the hood that are starkly different from how people of other races speak.

I think this is a more complicated topic than you're realizing.

Be h it’s crazy

You can have a yard without hiring a small army of Guatemalan refugees with jet engines strapped to their backs just blowing leaves around all willy nilly.

We don’t want dead leaves on the grass because it’s spring. You can live in nyc with millions of loud people all hours of the day

Couldn’t find the thread so I ll leave it here

15 million dollars and nothing to show for it

We don’t want dead leaves on the grass because it’s spring. You can live in nyc with millions of loud people all hours of the day

Maybe where you live it's different but this shit starts in early spring and ends in fall. All day every day except when it's raining.

I left BK to get away from the noise pollution. I'M OLD GODDAMMIT!!!

Maybe where you live it's different but this shit starts in early spring and ends in fall. All day every day except when it's raining.

I left BK to get away from the noise pollution. I'M OLD GODDAMMIT!!!

Lol I feel you cuz the lawnmower used to piss me off