Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY The Dorothy Jean Tillman Lounge

I'll take this even though it wasn't meant for me.

NBA players are very skilled nowadays. When it comes to pure shooting and ball handling, they are way more skilled than players in the 80s and 90s. I wouldn't say they are as skilled in post play or on man defense, but that's because today's game is so different.

The modern NBA centers around shooting long shots to spread out the floor and then capitalizing on rules like the Defensive 3 second rule to get to the paint when a good ranged option is not available. The physicality has largely been removed and there are ways of getting around defensive resistance. Women players can better replicate today's style than they could in the past, so if you like the modern NBA, it makes sense that you'd like the crop of women players coming up that play similarly to modern NBA players.

If the big exciting play is shooting a long 3, women can do that consistently or can at least get a lot closer to doing that consistently than they can to dunking on two people in the lane.
Respectfully... what the fuck are you talking about? You wrote all that to not answer the question I never even asked you.

Respectfully... what the fuck are you talking about? You wrote all that to not answer the question I never even asked you.

I'm going to assume you just saw my post and didn't bother reading because I answered your question in the first three sentences of the post. The rest of the post wasn't really directed at you and was just commentary on the general discussion about the potential success of upcoming women's players. Carry on though.

That wasn't what I asked and bruh already answered. You just like to argue with people on the internet. 🤣

You asked if he thought NBA players were less skilled now than they were before. I acknowledged the question wasn't for me but gave my opinion on how current skill levels match up to the past.

That was a direct answer to the question and wasn't meant to be an argument. They were just thoughts bruh. I'm not really sure why you're trying to make this more than it is, but you got it.

You asked if he thought NBA players were less skilled now than they were before. I acknowledged the question wasn't for me but gave my opinion on how current skill levels match up to the past.

That was a direct answer to the question and wasn't meant to be an argument. They were just thoughts bruh. I'm not really sure why you're trying to make this more than it is, but you got it.
Thanks man.

Thanks man.

giphy.gif

I'll take this even though it wasn't meant for me.

NBA players are very skilled nowadays. When it comes to pure shooting and ball handling, they are way more skilled than players in the 80s and 90s. I wouldn't say they are as skilled in post play or on man defense, but that's because today's game is so different.

The modern NBA centers around shooting long shots to spread out the floor and then capitalizing on rules like the Defensive 3 second rule to get to the paint when a good ranged option is not available. The physicality has largely been removed and there are ways of getting around defensive resistance. Women players can better replicate today's style than they could in the past, so if you like the modern NBA, it makes sense that you'd like the crop of women players coming up that play similarly to modern NBA players.

If the big exciting play is shooting a long 3, women can do that consistently or can at least get a lot closer to doing that consistently than they can to dunking on two people in the lane.

You do know the 3 second rule was adopted to make the games look better on TV, right? To keep the lane clear so niggas could get in there and dunk and shit for the highlight reel. Not because it was necessary, because players was making it happen without it, but because they wanted that ESPN coverage and what an easier way than if the paint was consistently empty. The physicality was softened so the game would appeal to Europeans 'cause the game is focused more on the 3-point game over there rather than taking it to the hole and making plays happen that way.

Shit like this is why I haven't been fuckin with the game like I used to; they made it soft on purpose. And now they're trying to get this convergence happening where watching an NBA game isn't too different from watching a WNBA game so there's not much of an excuse not to watch the WNBA play, thus making more money for the league. Drive, pass it out, shoot the j or three, wash, rinse, repeat because WNBA players can play at that level.

Pick a starting 5 from '85-99 and they would obliterate any starting 5 in today's NBA if they were to play pre-2001 ball.

Last edited:
Since the name of the thread is the Angel Reese thread I thought I should share how trash the refs are with her getting calls against USCe.

She second in NCAA in FTs attempted per game and in her last two games against USCe she got a grand total of 3 in two games against them this year.

We only played 7 players this game. Our bench is thin due to injuries

Back