Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY The Dorothy Jean Tillman Lounge

Nobody cares about killer Mike outside of Run the jewels

He released a great album in a year hardly anybody did

He can go back to obscurity and black owned banks now
Ol "somebody had to win it" head ass

People have never fawned over Killer Mike like that, but they always respected him. So when the disrespect came people felt the need to defend him. That’s all.

It's not disrespect.

Hip Hop is for young people. And at this point, it just feels like old motherfuckers wanna hang on in the genre and it's blowing the vibe.

And it's really because, a lot of Black people just don't wanna grow up and move the fuck on. Old rappers should be like Andre 3000, playing in bands with random White friends, doing laundry, taking care of their kids and shit. Why you still wanna rap?

Killer Mike was literally telling motherfuckers to get a job. I don't wanna listen to that shit and I am an old ass man.

I wanna hear about bitches, hoes, jewelry over some immaculate beats. Illmatic was released when Nas was fucking 18. Now we over here letting 50 year old rapper rap about shit that only 50 year olds wanna hear and giving these motherfuckers praise and awards.

Killer Mike, Nas, Jay Z, Eminem, and all the other old motherfuckers is like these 7 year college football players, using the Covid year to play college football at 28, staying in the game for NIL money.

Motherfucker leave.

It's not disrespect.

Hip Hop is for young people. And at this point, it just feels like old motherfuckers wanna hang on in the genre and it's blowing the vibe.

And it's really because, a lot of Black people just don't wanna grow up and move the fuck on. Old rappers should be like Andre 3000, playing in bands with random White friends, doing laundry, taking care of their kids and shit. Why you still wanna rap?

Killer Mike was literally rapping to motherfuckers to get a job. I don't wanna listen to that shit and I am an old ass man.

I wanna hear about bitches, hoes, jewelry over some immaculate beats. Illmatic was released when Nas was fucking 18. Now we over here letting 50 year old rap about shit that only 50 year olds wanna hear and giving these motherfuckers praise and awards.

Killer Mike, Nas, Jay Z, Eminem, and all the other old motherfuckers is like these 7 year college football players, using the Covid year to play college football at 28, staying in the game for NIL money.

Motherfucker leave.
If they made better music they’d get the awards 🤷🏾. That’s why young niggas got the awards back then.

It’s sad that people don’t want hip hop to grow. The people that were with hip hop from the beginning are 50 years old so yes they still want to hear good hip hop even if it’s from 50 year old rappers. Old white acts don’t get this type of backlash.

I don’t even know why I’m responding though because I’m not going to convince someone who just wants to hear about bitches, hoes, and jewelry in their hip hop.

If they made better music they’d get the awards 🤷🏾. That’s why young niggas got the awards back then.

It’s sad that people don’t want hip hop to grow. The people that were with hip hop from the beginning are 50 years old so yes they still want to hear good hip hop even if it’s from 50 year old rappers. Old white acts don’t get this type of backlash.

I don’t even know why I’m responding though because I’m not going to convince someone who just wants to hear about bitches, hoes, and jewelry in their hip hop.

Hip Hop is for kids and young adults. Hip Hop isn't even the primarily genre of music I listen to at my age. I listen to Bossa Nova and shit. Sophisticated old man shit.

That's the thing that older Hip Hop fans refuse to admit. Hip Hop reflect the mindset of someone 14 to 24. What does a 14 year old to 24 year old want? Money, independence, status, rebellion, love, and sex.

And guess what, the young people make better music that appeals to everyone.

You know why Rock music died in the 2000s? Because old motherfuckers didn't want to fucking move on. That's why all the White kids listen to Hip Hop. White people was 35 plus, stilling talking about Metallica and Motely Crue.

Who wanna listen to a 40 year old rock star besides another 40 year old? You think an 18 year old was listening to fucking Killer Mike?

Travis Scott's album went number 1. Metro Boomin's album went number 1. Killer Mike went 58. Nobody listened to that shit. It doesn't even represent the ethos of Hip Hop. It's old nigga rap, "Get a job, go outside, when I was young - I did this".

A 48 year old man winning Best Rap Album is like a 28 year old college football player winning the Heisman. Like no, get the fuck outta here. Grow up.

Back