Welcome To aBlackWeb

Netflix The Godmother of Rap got her own movie coming out........ Roxanne Shante

Can’t wait for this to drop. Interested to see who’s plays who in the Juice Crew.

I will check this out for sure. I appreciate the fact that Netflix has a decent library of documentaries and shows on Hip-Hop/Rap culture

They going broke because of it but it’s lit tho lol
Serious question

But how you know? I'm curious

I have a theory a lot of the content they are calling original is stuff that has been already shot. Think of films submitted at the Sundance festival. Netflix comes in, makes deal with the creator to sign over certain licensing. Buys low, then sells high once it airs.

No one has been able to explain their business metrics on exactly how they make money.

I'm just curious to know why you think they are losing money

Serious question

But how you know? I'm curious

I have a theory a lot of the content they are calling original is stuff that has been already shot. Think of films submitted at the Sundance festival. Netflix comes in, makes deal with the creator to sign over certain licensing. Buys low, then sells high once it airs.

No one has been able to explain their business metrics on exactly how they make money.

I'm just curious to know why you think they are losing money

There's articles about how they lose money on shows and about them having debt. I would post a link, but Google gives a bunch already so you can go and take your pick. The article I read was older, though. Came across it when The Get Down's second season was released. It's something folks have been talking bout for while.

I wanted doc to keep going into her adult life. I wanted to know how her hype lady life turn out.
I love the cameos with Nas, Biz Mark, the real Roxanne Chante, Sparky D

Marley Mal and them was foul for not paying her

Nia Long played the fuck outta her mother. That was her Denzel Training Day role.

I wanted doc to keep going into her adult life. I wanted to know how her hype lady life turn out.
I love the cameos with Nas, Biz Mark, the real Roxanne Chante, Sparky D

Marley Mal and them was foul for not paying her

Nia Long played the fuck outta her mother. That was her Denzel Training Day role.

Good ass post!!

I thought it was really good movie/doc as well but it also left a lot of questions. They could damn near make a part 2 of this shit truthfully.

Nia Long put on a masterful performance. I always thought she was a good actress but she went to a level I didn't think she had. From how great she played that role I think she should get a lot of different opportunities to showcase her range as an actress.

Finally watched it

DOPE flick! I think that @MzKB hit the nail on the head with her review

And Netflix need to finish the fucking Get Down!

Back