Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION The Boondocks vs Rick and Morty

while Boondocks was great it got worse as time went on and then it went to shit in season 4 so much so I never watched a season 4 ep more than the first time

also while boondocks relies on mostly satire to be funny I think Rick and Morty is a funnier show because it takes a lot of effort for the humor to work at times as the way the show is written each ep it’s very smart. Rick and Morty has a lot of themes to it

also there’s more callbacks to older gags either from earlier in the ep or even last ep or even last season

Like someone else said, it's an odd match up. I think The Boondocks is a more important show culturally, but I personally like Rick and Morty way more. Existentialism, nihilism, the dark humor, I love that shit.

For those that have never watched Rick and Morty, and are curious why it has the following it does, watch the episode "Rick Potion #9" from season 1. It does a good job of encapsulating what the show is all about.

And because Boondocks relies on satire there’s room for some of the humor to become dated

While I love me some Boondocks… season 4 was trash. Rick & Morty hasn’t disappointed me like that yet and this season out now funny as fuck.

For the longest time I didn’t wanna watch it cuz I thought it looked dumb as shit. My first episode was the Pickle Rick one… blew my mind lmao

“the reason if anyone could, which they can’t”
Rick so damn arrogant Lololololol

The Boondocks' season 1 is enough for me to deem it better than Rick and Morty.

The problem I have with Rick and Morty is that it used to be a chronological show and then switched to an episodic show, once it got too deep. A lot of plot lines with Rick and Morty got dropped.

Why are you guys using Boondocks 4th season as a knock on it ? Wasn't Aaron limited with what he could do because of the studio interference ?

Reason I don’t like Rick and Mitty tho is because of Rick now I’m not an avid watcher I would catch when I could. But to me he just seem like a depressed dickhead who is very smart but still a fuckup he got broke down by a psychologist real quick

Back