Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Biblical Bread: How Sprouted Grains Can Help You With Carb Conundrum

LUCIEN

I hate getting punched in the head
“Take wheat and barley, beans and lentils, millet and spelt; put them in a storage jar and use them to make bread for yourself.”
- Ezekiel 4:9

"Then God said, "I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food.""
- Genesis 1:29

These are the slogans for Food For Life's Ezekiel Bread products, made with sprouted grains. I recently decided to cut junk food. I used to be very worried about carbohydrates, but after reintroducing whole fruits to my diet, I actually noticed that I was much more satiated when I ate carbs; as long as they were good carbs.

This experience brought me to finding out about Ezekiel Bread, which differs from regular bread in the kinds of grains used to make it. The grains in Ezekiel bread are permitted to germinate, or sprout, which adds a robust nutritional profile to the end product. On top of this, there is also a more diverse selection of grains used in the process, unlike traditional Eurocentric bread, which almost always only uses wheat. Ezekiel Bread uses: wheat, barley, millet, lentils, spelt, and soybeans, making it a much more nutritious choice.

Ezekiel49.png

Some of the advantages of Ezekiel bread, as described by manufacturer Food for Life:

• Source of Complete Protein - Rated 84.3% as efficient as the highest source of protein (comparable to that of milk or eggs)
  • Contains 18 Amino Acids - Including all 9 essential amino acids
  • Increased Digestibility - Sprouting breaks down
    starches in grains into simple sugars so your body can digest them easily.
  • Increased Absorption of Minerals – Sprouting breaks down enzyme inhibitors, so your body can more easily absorb calcium, magnesium, iron, copper and zinc.
  • Increased Vitamin C - Sprouting produces vitamin C.
  • Increased Vitamin B - Sprouting increases the vitamin B2, B5 & B6.
  • Great source of Fiber - Combining sprouted grains and legumes gives a good amount of natural fiber in each serving.

While other companies most typically include GMO crops in their breads, Ezekiel Bread does not. The debate about the safety of genetically modified organisms may be far from over, but anyone looking to play it safe until more research has been done can make a safe choice opting for Sprouted Bread, as most brands explicitly and passionately avoid them.

Here are some nutrition facts from Food for Life's products. Other brands are roughly the same, but your results may vary if you check the brands at your supermarket.

Whole Wheat Ezekiel Bread
info_120_0.jpg

Flax Ezekiel Bread
124nf_2016.jpg

Low Sodium Ezekiel Bread
info_153.jpg

My french toast game is proper

I fucked the title up. If a mod could change it to "How Sprouted Grains Can Help with Your Carb Conundrum" it would make much more sense and make me look less dumb

I tried this awhile back and was very please, Du was very angry lol.

lol @King Du what did you think of the taste?

Took me a bit to get used to it. I can't eat it alone with butter like normal bread, it has to be in a sandwich or french toast with some fruits.

Shit was dry as fuck.

It tastes like the bread you see in all those white Bible pictures...

Tried to make a turkey sandwich and almost broke my mouth.

Danny Rand had to light up the iron fist to break this bread

b2f81cd76ef7098a644095999f28965f.jpg

Back