Welcome To aBlackWeb

The airline industry begins to plan COVID-19 'vaccination passports' for international travel

DOS_patos

Unverified Legion of Trill member
The International Air Transport Association (IATA) said Monday it's "in the final development phase" of a mobile "digital passport" app that would tell airlines if international travelers had been vaccinated against COVID-19. The app would help "get people traveling again safely," IATA's Nick Careen said in a statement, by "giving governments confidence that systematic COVID-19 testing can work as a replacement for quarantine requirements."

Australia's Qantas announced Monday that it's on board with requiring a "vaccination passport" for international travelers, starting next year. "We are looking at changing our terms and conditions to say for international travelers, that we will ask people to have the vaccination before they get on the aircraft," Qantas CEO Alan Joyce told Australia's Network 9. Korean Air and Air New Zealand also backed the idea but said any changes would have to be coordinated with their respective governments.

In the past few weeks, Moderna, Pfizer-BioNTech, and Oxford University-AstraZeneca have announced that large trials showed their respective COVID-19 vaccines to be safe and hightly effective at preventing the disease. This encouraging news "has given airlines and nations hope they may soon be able to revive suspended flight routes and dust off lucrative tourism plans," The Associated Press reports. "But countries in Asia and the Pacific, in particular, are determined not to let their hard-won gains against the virus evaporate."

The IATA and International Airlines Group, the parent company of British Airways, have been working on a digital pass they hope to roll out in the first quarter of 2021. This app would use blockchain technology and wouldn't store user data, IATA said. Korean Air is among those in the airline industry looking at trying out CommonPass, an app endorsed by the World Economic Forum and created with the Commons Project Foundation, and International SOS's AOKpass is currently being used on flights between Abu Dhabi and Pakistan.

That's gonna be a NO for me dawg,when everyone rejects this and the airlines start to go bankrupt then they'll understand. PS: DO NOT TAKE THE VACCINE .

You think people are gonna reject this? lol... only niggas like me that's cool on not leaving the country anyway or other people that are too broke to even think about it. And that's only for the first few rounds. Ps5... first day cop. Vaccine...

tenor - 2020-11-24T123459.626.gif

Looks like lawsuits waiting to happen....most of my family lives elsewhere so I may be conflicted

Not surprised by the countries that have announced this they're currently letting no one in.

This will be temporarily 70% of the world needs to be vaccinated to eradicate the virus

Not surprised by the countries that have announced this they're currently letting no one in.

This will be temporarily 70% of the world needs to be vaccinated to eradicate the virus

what is the time frame for ‘temporary’?? With the amount of distrust that permeates our society on top of a vaccine has been made so quickly, when it should take years, I don’t see many lining up to get vaccinated...

Restricting travel by air only affects a small % of the population... most will likely start to travel by other means, more than likely self driving... for those who travel regularly overseas will probably just bite the bullet and get vaccinated.

unless they start implementing stricter restrictions outside of travel; no shopping, banking etc unless vaccinated, that’s the only way I see everyone getting on board quicker.

otherwise ‘temporary’ might be at least a year, maybe 2 before 70% get vaccinated.

what is the time frame for ‘temporary’?? With the amount of distrust that permeates our society on top of a vaccine has been made so quickly, when it should take years, I don’t see many lining up to get vaccinated...

Restricting travel by air only affects a small % of the population... most will likely start to travel by other means, more than likely self driving... for those who travel regularly overseas will probably just bite the bullet and get vaccinated.

unless they start implementing stricter restrictions outside of travel; no shopping, banking etc unless vaccinated, that’s the only way I see everyone getting on board quicker.

otherwise ‘temporary’ might be at least a year, maybe 2 before 70% get vaccinated.
Countries like new Zealand have had no one travel into the country for the pandemic unless majority of new zelanders gets vaccinated which will be unlikely for a year then it means people traveling into the country could spread the virus and put lives at risk.

I think only a limited number of countries would do this as they're already losing money.

A country like Jamaica should do this they have 2.3 death rate per capita the same as the states if they open up to some sort of normal the virus will go rampant and really the poorest people in the country will suffer.

It's still a lose lose for everyone but what Australia New Zealand and Korea are doing is simply trying to protect their people until they can get the majority vaccinated

I been on planes recently and the airport was light pre holidays.

I know ppl don't like this,but it does make sense seeing that travel spread that shit.

Only a matter of time before you need that shit to go anywhere.

Back