Welcome To aBlackWeb

The 2023 Sports Prediction Thread

Mister B.

The Devil’s Greatest Advocate…..
Come on in here and predict your champions in all leagues for the Calendar Year of '23:

NFL
SB 57 -
SB MVP -
Season MVP -

NBA
2023 NBA Finals Champion -
NBA Finals MVP -
"Michael Jordan" MVP Award Winner -

NHL (if you watch)
2023 Stanley Cup Champions
Conn Smythe Trophy (Playoff MVP) -
Hart Memorial Triphy (Season MVP) -

MLB
2023 World Series Champions -
World Series MVP -
NL MVP
AL MVP
NL Cy Young
AL Cy Young

Any other sports predictions?

Tennis?
Golf?
MLS or any other Euro Soccer League?

Also, feel free to predict any other sports related things here that you think will happen this year....

I'll go first:

NFL
Champs - It'd be ridiculous for me to say any other team but Birdgang will win the Lambeau, even with the two-game skid they're on. But, if they can wrap up this bye on Sunday, and everyone comes back healthy for the Divisional Round (Lane, CJ, HURTS, Sweat, & Maddox).....top-to-bottom....I don't see us losing. I can see The Chiefs winning again or maybe the Bills.
SB MVP - Jalen Hurts, of course.
MVP - Hurts, by all rights....BUT his injury cleared the way for Mahomes, so it will be him. It's the Carson Wentz thing all over again.

NBA
Champs - Bucks, I think. No one in the West can beat them in a seven-game series. In fact, I predict the champs are coming out of the East this year between Boston, Milwaukee, Los Nets, and yes....Squad.
Finals MVP - Giannis....or KD....or Tatum....or Joel.
Season MVP - As much a I WANT to say Luka, either Jokic yet again (cause advanced metrics rule this league now) or Tatum.

NHL I don't watch, so pass.

MLB
Champs - Fightins got the players, but Bryce is out till the All-Star break. My back-up will always be the Dodgers till they prove they're not. No Verlander, no Astros. And the Yanks are a dark horse.
WS MVP - Bryce.....or Judge.

NL MVP - Schwarber (led the NL in HRs last year, so he's got as good a shot as anyone)
AL MVP - Sho-Time (Ontani needs his due. Unless he gets hurt, he should win it)
NL Cy Young - Max Schzerer, Mets
AL Cy Young - Dylan Cease, White Sox

Only other prediction that is a sure shot is Bron becomes the new NBA All-Time Scorer this year. I think he does it early February, before the All-Star break. As of right now, he's 527 points away. At his current average of 28.5 PPG this year, that places him 19 games away, which would be Feb. 7 vs the Thunder. He getting that record either the 7th, 9th vs the Bucks, or 11th vs Golden State.

That's all I got. How 'bout you?

Back