Welcome To aBlackWeb

Tell Me If I'm Buggin

Allergens

Me I'm Supa Fly
First off this is going to be long winded,..read it while your bored or while your taking a shit

images.jpg ion care..but please read it before you comment.

Aight let's begin

The past is only important, when the lessons of the past are ignored

How did an African become a slave? At first, white slave traders simply went on kidnapping raids, but this proved too dangerous for the Europeans. Instead, they established hundreds of forts and trading stations along Africa’s West Coast. Local African rulers and black merchants delivered captured people to these trading posts to sell as slaves to European ship captains.

The lesson of slavery that I feel is most important isn't that whites owned slaves, and what happened with blacks in America from that point on. That's a part of another lesson, not the lesson that slavery should teach us.

The lesson that slavery should teach us and is relevant to us right now, is. A man of chocolate colored skin, takes and sells a man of chocolate colored skin to a man of pale skin tone. No matter how he became a captor of the man who sold him. By in large in that status he is deemed a lesser man than the man that sold him. To that man because he is lesser of a man, what happens to that man means nothing to the man who sold him.

Except when that man is taken and devalued even more by the buyer. To the point that every man that shares the same skin color as the man who was bought. Is deem as equally unvalued as the man who was bought. Then the man who sold him, because he shares the same skin color, is precieved by and large. By the people of the pale skin buyer, as equally unvalued, regardless of what value he actually has, that made him the seller.

So in a sense when he sold his dark skin gene sharing brother, he also sold himself.

That is the lesson of slavery that does not seem to get through to enough people. Not only the people that go on fox news and coon. But at the same time those who don't understand that how you view and treat others that share our same skin tone. When it doubles back will be how you will be viewed and treated.

All day everyday, we are the seller to the buyer, and think that because we are the seller, the buyer will know the difference. But when you share attributes of who you sell, if who you sell is devalued, so to are you.

With the spread of social media, and when we belittle each other and call people ghetto, ratchet, broke, ain't shit without actually knowing a person. We are selling what is lesser than us, to the eyes and ears of pale skin folks eager to buy that. But over time, at the same time, becoming the slaves being bought.

giphy.gif

You're kinda buggin. We African Americans will never truly understand tribal warfare. We are too far removed. We think that sharing the same skin color should be enough to bind us. And in our society it is enough. But that also makes us vulnerable because we are constantly accepting any melanated group even if they could care less about us. Hundreds of years ago one tribal leader was a-okay with selling out another tribe. He certainly wasn't going to sell his own tribe member. We keep looking at the past with new lenses. Doesn't work out that way. Our focus should be on us but old habits die hard.

The only thing I can take from this is people will sell you out no matter the skin color. With that being said there are people who don't share the same skin color as you, but may look out for you moreso than those you supposedly share a bond with. The battle is not flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Back