Welcome To aBlackWeb

Disney+ Tales of the Empire

Didn’t like this as much as I wanted to

Did not care for Morgan elsbeth’s eps but I do appreciate the weaving of different shows into this

As far as bariss, started with a spark but I did not like Lyn getting a chance at redemption in the end or what happened to barriss after becoming an inquisitor

If it’s going to be tales of the empire I wanted it to be more…irremediable if that makes sense

I expected this to be better than tales of the Jedi but all in all I was entertained and all this does is flesh out characters and put more into the Star Wars huge universe

I

Yea, if you weren't invested in Morgan's character in Ahsoka, I can see how one wouldn't care for the first three shorts. Still found it interesting how she survived the massacre on Dathomir, how she linked up with Thrawn. 3rd episode is basically before Mando and Ahsoka lay seige on Corvus. She even refers to the "vision" she got from the Nightsisters from the other galaxy

I agree with Beta, the redemption story with Barriss doesn't fit the narrative for an anthology titled Tales of the Empire. I did like that she redeemed herself. I wonder who the old friend she was referring to is, in regard to sending that family to them

A reunion and apology from her to Ahsoka would have been dope to see.

Barriss quickly realized that shit was even worse under the Empire than when the Jedi were in power. A lot of shit she said then made sense. She just went about it the wrong way and threw her friend under the bus

BTW, we're getting more of these anthologies in the future. Don't know what they do next. Tales of the Rebels? Tales of the Sith?

I was fully engaged with 2022's Tales of the Jedi. This time around with Tales of The Empire not so much. It took me a minute to build up to getting involved with the sets of episodes about Morgan Elsbeth and Barriss Offee . By the time they reached their conclusions that hit some good rhythms and chords I liked it. The animation and light saber duels looked incredible

Even though the narrative doesn't totally fit the anthology, the Barriss Offee shorts told a better story across the board, with the final short being the best with her bringing her friend back to the light, at least imo

Back