Welcome To aBlackWeb

Supplement Sunday - Let's Talk Peanut Butter

LUCIEN

I hate getting punched in the head
A short introduction: I want to get a full-on Fitness subsection going, so I'm gonna get more content flowing to make that happen. This series of threads is going to focus not just on supplements, but also supplemental foods. A lot of people don't think supplements make much of a difference. I have personally found them useful for helping me be a bit looser with my overall diet: because I supplement, I can enjoy some more cheat meals, and it won't impact my protein intake or hurt my calorie count. With that said, the focus of this post is peanut butter and some cool supplemental variations.

Peanut Butter is one of my favourite foods, but it can be a problem in a nutritional sense because it has a ton of fat in it. The protein to fat ratio is bad. Just to highlight how bad, check these:
peanut_butter_creamy.jpg

91%2Brw1x93qL._SL1500_.jpg

The Solution: Buy Better Peanut Butter

Some people think that simply eating natural peanut butter is the way to go, but if you look at the second picture above, even natural PB's have a lot of fat compared to protein. To get around this, consider protein enhanced peanut butter. I recently went on some exploring in the realm of peanut butter and have a few recommendations to make.

1. P28 Whey Isolate Enhanced PB.

It is delicious. It tastes just as good as any other natural Peanut Butter, and it has a much better protein profile. Check out these numbers:

PeanutSpread-Facts.png

If you're like me, this is still not quite good enough. Not only is P28 a little expensive, basically costing the same as other natural brands for a smaller jar, it still has a lot of fat in it. After a few weeks of eating this, I moved on. What I found was a game changer

2. Powdered Peanut Butter.

This one made me hesitate at first, but when i actually tried it I was really surprised at how good it tastes. It's basically dehydrated peanuts. You buy a jar of powder, throw some in a bowl, and add water until you get a consistency you like. It tastes damn near like normal peanut butter, except not as creamy. However, it has far less fat, which gives it less calories, while still keeping the protein and the fiber. I found that it tastes really good in a sandwich with natural, raw honey (raw honey is also really good nutritionally and I will do another post on this in later weeks).

They have like 10% of the fat, which makes them the ideal choice.

As for brands, I have only tried PB2 and Myprotein. I found the PB2 one did not taste as good, but it has more fiber, which makes up for it. They're about the same price, so you may want to try both and find which one you prefer if you decide to make the switch.

7.jpg

11426305-7304501441588584.jpg

That's all I have to post about Peanut Butter for now. If I learn of any more I will come back and add to this post.

My thread for next week is going to be about Pastas and is going to be a bit longer than this one because there are a lot more choices.

its the oil. but for the people on keto type diets, they like the fat in peanut butter.

That's true. I used to eat more of it when I was doing keto because of how convenient it is. I think atkins and keto are kind of waning in popularity, so for a lot of people these supplemental peanut butters might be a better choice

Do you do Keto? It would be cool to have a thread going on it. I used to do carb backloading, basically Keto every day except for my post work out meal which I would allow carbs.

That's true. I used to eat more of it when I was doing keto because of how convenient it is. I think atkins and keto are kind of waning in popularity, so for a lot of people these supplemental peanut butters might be a better choice

Do you do Keto? It would be cool to have a thread going on it. I used to do carb backloading, basically Keto every day except for my post work out meal which I would allow carbs.

nah, i dont do it. ive tried it but its not for me. i needed a RIDICULOUS amount of fat for the macros, and that basically had me doin shots of olive oilsmh...plus i need the carb energy for the way i live/workout, and i didnt really care to cycle em.

That Peter Pan honey roasted peanut butter is amazing but definitely not good for me. I do like this idea that u have though about discussing foods that are high in fat and how we can find an alternative

That Peter Pan honey roasted peanut butter is amazing but definitely not good for me. I do like this idea that u have though about discussing foods that are high in fat and how we can find an alternative

I wanna do all kinds of food, not just high fat but also high carbs. This Sunday I'm gonna drop a post about pasta. I also wanna do a thread on fat burners, natural and unnatural.

Is there anything in particular you're looking to replace in your diet?

I did a small post on Ezekiel bread, but there are a lot more breads to choose from. Gonna have to do a post about that, too.

Maybe add in one on healthy desserts.

I wanna do all kinds of food, not just high fat but also high carbs. This Sunday I'm gonna drop a post about pasta. I also wanna do a thread on fat burners, natural and unnatural.

Is there anything in particular you're looking to replace in your diet?

I did a small post on Ezekiel bread, but there are a lot more breads to choose from. Gonna have to do a post about that, too.

Maybe add in one on healthy desserts.

I’m trying my best to stop eating so bad so often. I’m a PB&J guy so I’m trying to eat that somewhat healthier and pasta is a weakness of mine too

Back