Welcome To aBlackWeb

Added to Calendar: 08-23-24

Strange Darling

Stranger Danger

Praise : The beginning of this movie is so ambiguous I couldn't help but be drawn into it and it's involving presentation. It's one of those movies in which I immediately was looking for what was the cause and effect of what was happening onscreen. Writer/director JT Mollner's script is at times darkly humorous as it's tied to what some people may be into in real life but this worked for me for a couple of reasons one because it threw me off for a bit and I wanted to see how far things would go. As The Lady” Willa Fitzgerald, and the lead male, “The Demon” Kyle Gallner are both equally great because they fall in line with how ambiguous everything is. As Genevieve : Barbara Hershey, and Frederick: Ed Begley Jr. they both have fun with their roles. They are so good and written with such great quirkiness I would like to see a movie just based on their characters. Scenes displaying great pain are so well directed and acted they actually made me wince.
I loved how visuals were played with that they either got laughs from me or a WTF !! Back to the beginning I thought the movie was really spelling things out to me....but I was wrong and it added to how effective the movie was for me.

Problems: Even with its great use of ambiguity there were a couple of things that became obvious. When the movie reaches its last 30 minutes it goes down very familiar thriller movie paths but it at least gave me a couple of more insane moments.

Scale of 1 to 10 a 7½

Last edited by a moderator:
Back