Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dont hear the infringement

• F yo thread, youse a coon

• Total voters

DOS_patos

Unverified Legion of Trill member

https://www.courthousenews.com/regg...-throw-out-copyright-case-over-dembow-riddim/

Detailed explanation

Where they have a case is direct sampling. Where they're going to have a hard time is any artist that simply recreated it with a drum machine; that's called interpolation and it's a lot harder to sue over it.

I must say,

Shout out to @GNS I think it was that calked me out about reggae going to panama (el general) then to Puerto Rico.

Reactions: GNS
I’m saying…
Nerf don’t owe the super soaker guy for nonnnnne of them internals across all the guns?

Exact same thing

If the super soaker guy used patented technology from Nerf, he absolutely would owe them money. If he didn't pay them anything, that's because Nerf didn't have patents on anything he used.

Musicians do copywrite their work though, so if you use their shit, you gotta pay.

I hope something comes of it but I'm not confident.
We've been saying these spanish-ish speaking cacs done stole our shit and due to the language(a good percent of the world speaks spanish and not patois) and their more european look they've been able to tap into a wider market and in essence make way more money off of stolen goods than the originators.

I don't know if the lawsuit came too late but this shit been blatant.

They still fuckin do it.

Whenever Jamaican artists cover a song they get sued to smithereens or make no profit off of it rightfully so, but these muhfuckas been skating for decades.

They even cover the pop songs Jamaican artists cover but in the style of the Jamaican artists and nothing fuckin happens to them 😂🤦🏽‍♂️

People are owed man.

Me tiene harto

It really isn't. People's work is people's work. If someone were to sample my original music, I expect a check to be cut, I expect to be credited, and I expect at least 50% of the producer's cut of the publishing.
morally and ethically, i agree with you
however judges and juries aren’t musical experts and this is a tough hill to climb, that’s all i’m saying

morally and ethically, i agree with you
however judges and juries aren’t musical experts and this is a tough hill to climb, that’s all i’m saying

There's a clear legal precedent already set by De La Soul vs The Turtles and then solidified by the Biz Markie vs Gilbert O'Sullivan case.

If you sample, clear it first 'cause if you don't you could theoretically be barred from selling a whole album with one infringing song on it (which is what happened in the case of Biz).

There's a clear legal precedent already set by De La Soul vs The Turtles and then solidified by the Biz Markie vs Gilbert O'Sullivan case.

If you sample, clear it first 'cause if you don't you could theoretically be barred from selling a whole album with one infringing song on it (which is what happened in the case of Biz).
we’ll see what happens

I hope something comes of it but I'm not confident.
We've been saying these spanish-ish speaking cacs done stole our shit and due to the language(a good percent of the world speaks spanish and not patois) and their more european look they've been able to tap into a wider market and in essence make way more money off of stolen goods than the originators.

I don't know if the lawsuit came too late but this shit been blatant.

They still fuckin do it.

Whenever Jamaican artists cover a song they get sued to smithereens or make no profit off of it rightfully so, but these muhfuckas been skating for decades.

They even cover the pop songs Jamaican artists cover but in the style of the Jamaican artists and nothing fuckin happens to them 😂🤦🏽‍♂️

People are owed man.

Me tiene harto
cosign all of this

I actually got no beef with the genre (I'm guilty of bopping my head to it too).......but they need to pay the original artists for biting their shit

reggaeton artists thought they was gon play that "riddim" game and think as long as there are a bunch of artists on 1 beat/sample

then they were going to get away without having to pay royalties

mofos started something that they didn't think was going to blow up like it did..............now the original reggae artists/producers deserve their money

go ahead and pay that bread Paco:js4:

Back