Welcome To aBlackWeb

Spinoff: The Last Dance Past Players Comps in today's NBA

AP2.5

Beef Authority
Site Administrator
Cross era discussions are always a tricky topic. People say Jordan was playing against accountants and shit which try to undermine just how much talent there was I'm the NBA back then.

A lot of those dudes used to get buckets but, ran into MJ and a motivated Bulls team. But for shits and giggles, let's try to compare some of the lesser celebrated players from that era to today's guys or do you think the comps are even there to use for comparison?

I'ma name a few guys MJ played with and a couple of opponents and we'll see how things go.

Who, in today's NBA is:

Ron Harper
BJ Armstrong
Bill Lambieer
John Starks

Cross era discussions are always a tricky topic. People say Jordan was playing against accountants and shit which try to undermine just how much talent there was I'm the NBA back then.

A lot of those dudes used to get buckets but, ran into MJ and a motivated Bulls team. But for shits and giggles, let's try to compare some of the lesser celebrated players from that era to today's guys or do you think the comps are even there to use for comparison?

I'ma name a few guys MJ played with and a couple of opponents and we'll see how things go.

Who, in today's NBA is:

Ron Harper
BJ Armstrong
Bill Lambieer
John Starks
BJ is maybe Derick Fisher

By the time he gotta Chicago, he was washed with bad knees, but Ron Harper in Cleveland was pretty similar to Demarr Derozen.

-Prototypical size for the 2
-Crafty around the rim
-Super athletic
-Really good mid-range
-Not great 3pt shooter
-Not quite good enough to ever be the #1 on a championship contender

Lets keep it hot.

One reason Jordan is the GOAT is because he had physical gifts that no one could keep up with. It wasn't just skill and a killer instinct, it was also the fact that he could jump higher, and stay in the air longer than anyone else. Dude was a physical freak and had top tier 2020 athleticism in the 80s and 90s.

Now that we got that out of the way, guess what? So does almost every other goat candidate.

Bron is also a physical freak. His athleticism is not the same as Jordans was, instead his is based on strength and agility. Bron is more athletic by far than any of his competition. No way is someone as strong and as big as him supposed to be that quick and agile, and jump that high. How the fuck are you 250-265, all muscle, and running like a skinny 200 pound player? Thats a huge part on why hes a GOAT candidate.

And same for Wilt. And same for Shaq. Same for KD. And hopefully shit goes right for him, and it will be the same for Zion.

Almost all goat candidates are freakish athletes for their era. There are a few exceptions to the rule. Trying to diminish Jordan cause he played against lesser competition makes no sense cause then you would have to do the same for almost all the other players who were the best of their eras.

By the time he gotta Chicago, he was washed with bad knees, but Ron Harper in Cleveland was pretty similar to Demarr Derozen.

-Crafty around the rim
-Super athletic
-Really good mid-range
-Not great 3pt shooter

Good comparison

Aint no comp for lambeir cuz there's no more goons who have to overcompensate for lack of athleticism

-Crafty around the rim
-Super athletic
-Really good mid-range
-Not great 3pt shooter
This is what I had in mind when I made the thread

Goat

-Crafty around the rim
-Super athletic
-Really good mid-range
-Not great 3pt shooter

Messed up that he suffered that injury with the Clippers and he wasn't the same since. He also was a solid defender

Back