Single Mothers: True or False?

Single Mothers

• Total voters

Goldie

and Baka's got a weird case, why is he around??
Site Owner
Jan 14, 2017
The Burbs
30906048_222457931841478_4716460568792268800_n.jpg

i would have more respect if a woman chose to point that she effectively and responsibly co-parents with the father, and doesn't like the implications the term "single mother" creates....

but i also wouldn't really care if a woman did use the term single mother in that position.....the dude would prolly consider himself a single father....

Reactions: SeaSnake
Had a woman tell me co parenting doesn't exist, even though my son is with me half the year.
i can't deal with chicks like that.
co-parenting is a very real thing, and something i stress hard on all my homies who got kids ....i don't want none of them to be that nigga.......no excuses.. parent your kid

Reactions: KnowReasonForPeace
So how should we define the term "single mother" then?

Had a woman tell me co parenting doesn't exist, even though my son is with me half the year.

What was her reasoning? Even though I know its bullshit would just like to read it.

Married couples co-parent. So if a man and woman have kids and they are both doing what parents should do for that kid(s) they are co-parenting as well.

Calling her a single woman would mean she doesn't have a child. Calling her a single mother means she's divorced, or no longer with the father, of her child. It's never been that deep.

Reactions: SeaSnake
I would say a Mother raising the child outright, with little to no contribution from the father.

Semantics though... She is a Mom no matter what, so.... Whatever she wants to be called, cool.

Who really cares though?

More women/men hating shit.

Crazy thing about women/men haters is that yall really actually hare yourselves cause of the bad decisions yall made laying with the opposite sex.

Reactions: OriginalMan!
What was her reasoning? Even though I know its bullshit would just like to read it.

Married couples co-parent. So if a man and woman have kids and they are both doing what parents should do for that kid(s) they are co-parenting as well.

Bd burned her so all men all the same to her. Not a lesbian either

Where the women at

Kinda alluded to in the O/P.

Too many definitions.

It could be single in the sense of not being in a relationship.........not being married...........or being the sole parent in their child's life.

Forget his name, but there was this dude on the IC who was heated that his child's mother referred to herself as a single mother.

If I remember correctly, I think he was mad because they were either living together under the same roof ........or were in a relationship but not married.

Either way, he was upset at her calling herself a single mother because he's always been a part of his child's life.

Think dude was from Denver.........@1000MilesHigh or something like that was his s/n.

I really don’t care about what I would like it to mean or anyone else. The definition basically says a single mother is a woman who has children and is not in a relationship/married. Someone made it deeper than what it is. One could just say she’s a single mother and co-parents with the father of her child(ren).
*shrugs*

False cuz you need to be all 3 of those things not just one in order to be of assistance to the other parent if yall ain't together.

If a child lives with one parent the majority of the time it's false...if it ain't joint custody the custodial parent has every right to call him/herself a single parent.

Last edited:
Get rid of the word single , cause all it means is availability to get fucked. If your a woman with a kid, you're a mother. And your availability to get fucked has nothing to do with that.

I’m not a single mother. Just a single woman with a son. I agree with this post.