Welcome To aBlackWeb

OUT NOW SilverfoxxETO - Purple Dreadhead Jazzman 4

Let's get to it

giphy.gif

!. Is that THE @Royal Ascension (she either got banned or changed her sn I think... can't find a trace of her anywhere) on the intro? I might be in love with that woman. Purple's my favorite color too. EDIT: I'm blind as a bat... she just dropped the Ascension from her name, if that's her.

2. Silver Affirmations sounds like a post TLOP Kanye track without the nitrous and MAGA propaganda. The drum switches took this to another level,

3. Jazz From The Spaces Cowboys sounds like a legit abduction. Reminds me of fever dreams I used to have as a kid. Definitely seeing a theme get fleshed out here.

4. Love the 808 bass on Audubon. My favorite track so far. What is that vocal sample, and what is he saying?

5. I see why you dropped Alien Gumbo as a single. It ties the album together and fits the theme of the album. The rhythm of the drums are throwing me off, but that's the point of jazz... I love music that challenges my ear. Also love the dusty piano/guitar riff (or is it both?).

6. HEEL is another highlight. I almost didn't want the drums to drop, I been in my Griselda/Roc Marciano bag lately. I'm starting to get jealous of these vocal samples... how are you finding these shits? That Mark Henry clip fits the title and mood so perfectly. RIP Scott Hall.

7. This shit just gets better. Die Algorithm Die might be one of the best joints I heard from you. That switch up is infuckinsane. Feels like a continuation of HEEL theme wise, like there's a story being told here that I have yet to decipher. Is this song about about fatherhood, or am I reaching with the acronym of the song title?

8. Roscoe's Wetsuit sounds like an early 2010s synth pop sample got caught in the tractor beam of the album's current direction. I like the conflicting rhythms of the sample and beat, you turned down the lower and higher frequencies so they don't clash too much.

9. This album flows really nicely, and continues to do that with Winter 2012. I made a similar beat to this back in 2018ish, and tried and failed to capture the mood you caught perfectly here. Who's that rapping?

10. Blizzard Wizzard got that Roy Ayers vibe to it. Great transition from the last track and continuing with the winter theme. Not much to say about it in comparison to the last few tracks that had vocals or themed samples. Sidebar: Do you license your music to content creators? I be hearing shit like this in their videos all the time.

11. Space Is The Place is a great way to smooth this out after all the elegant violence of the last cpl joints. Another fire switch up, and another dope vocal sample to tie it together with the rest of the album.

12. ...and back to the elegant violence. Those vocal samples fit this track the most... this feels like a scary ass abduction. Like the whole time you have been entranced by an alien scientist disguised as a jazz musician and you realize it seconds before the psychedelics kick in.

13. Great way to end the album off. Silver Autumn Leaves is an understated yet very dynamic track with all the drum switches and transitions. I like the afrobeat vibe, with those scary abduction synths creeping back up towards the end.

I'm struggling to find an exact cohesive theme here, but I know it's there. I vaguely remember you telling me the PDJ series was gonna be a little more loose concept wise, but I still feel like there was a message here. Honestly, for the past cpl years I been going thru somewhat of an existential crisis... and this album fits my mood perfectly. I'm questioning my own reality, identity, Earth and beyond, and my place in all of this. I moved to Phoenix on a whim in mid 2022, and since then I met one of the only ppl I talk to consistently that showed me pictures of what looked like UFOs that she took around the time I got here. We all exist in the same mysterious place, albeit on different frequencies. At some point we gotta question what is around us, and why is it so congruent to our ultimate fate. This album is an example of someone asking those questions, in sound and in concept. DAD and Space Is The Place are gonna be my wake and bake. Dope shit.

!. Is that THE @Royal Ascension (she either got banned or changed her sn I think... can't find a trace of her anywhere) on the intro? I might be in love with that woman. Purple's my favorite color too. EDIT: I'm blind as a bat... she just dropped the Ascension from her name, if that's her.

2. Silver Affirmations sounds like a post TLOP Kanye track without the nitrous and MAGA propaganda. The drum switches took this to another level,

3. Jazz From The Spaces Cowboys sounds like a legit abduction. Reminds me of fever dreams I used to have as a kid. Definitely seeing a theme get fleshed out here.

4. Love the 808 bass on Audubon. My favorite track so far. What is that vocal sample, and what is he saying?

5. I see why you dropped Alien Gumbo as a single. It ties the album together and fits the theme of the album. The rhythm of the drums are throwing me off, but that's the point of jazz... I love music that challenges my ear. Also love the dusty piano/guitar riff (or is it both?).

6. HEEL is another highlight. I almost didn't want the drums to drop, I been in my Griselda/Roc Marciano bag lately. I'm starting to get jealous of these vocal samples... how are you finding these shits? That Mark Henry clip fits the title and mood so perfectly. RIP Scott Hall.

7. This shit just gets better. Die Algorithm Die might be one of the best joints I heard from you. That switch up is infuckinsane. Feels like a continuation of HEEL theme wise, like there's a story being told here that I have yet to decipher. Is this song about about fatherhood, or am I reaching with the acronym of the song title?

8. Roscoe's Wetsuit sounds like an early 2010s synth pop sample got caught in the tractor beam of the album's current direction. I like the conflicting rhythms of the sample and beat, you turned down the lower and higher frequencies so they don't clash too much.

9. This album flows really nicely, and continues to do that with Winter 2012. I made a similar beat to this back in 2018ish, and tried and failed to capture the mood you caught perfectly here. Who's that rapping?

10. Blizzard Wizzard got that Roy Ayers vibe to it. Great transition from the last track and continuing with the winter theme. Not much to say about it in comparison to the last few tracks that had vocals or themed samples. Sidebar: Do you license your music to content creators? I be hearing shit like this in their videos all the time.

11. Space Is The Place is a great way to smooth this out after all the elegant violence of the last cpl joints. Another fire switch up, and another dope vocal sample to tie it together with the rest of the album.

12. ...and back to the elegant violence. Those vocal samples fit this track the most... this feels like a scary ass abduction. Like the whole time you have been entranced by an alien scientist disguised as a jazz musician and you realize it seconds before the psychedelics kick in.

13. Great way to end the album off. Silver Autumn Leaves is an understated yet very dynamic track with all the drum switches and transitions. I like the afrobeat vibe, with those scary abduction synths creeping back up towards the end.

I'm struggling to find an exact cohesive theme here, but I know it's there. I vaguely remember you telling me the PDJ series was gonna be a little more loose concept wise, but I still feel like there was a message here. Honestly, for the past cpl years I been going thru somewhat of an existential crisis... and this album fits my mood perfectly. I'm questioning my own reality, identity, Earth and beyond, and my place in all of this. I moved to Phoenix on a whim in mid 2022, and since then I met one of the only ppl I talk to consistently that showed me pictures of what looked like UFOs that she took around the time I got here. We all exist in the same mysterious place, albeit on different frequencies. At some point we gotta question what is around us, and why is it so congruent to our ultimate fate. This album is an example of someone asking those questions, in sound and in concept. DAD and Space Is The Place are gonna be my wake and bake. Dope shit.
My nigga did a full album review wow man. I appreciate that bro! Bro I'm wishing you a well journey in the red land of Arizona. Been there recently and it's a whole different world compared to what I come from.

To answer your question the PDJM series is more abstract and loosely but their are hidden themes in it. For this project it's basically owning yourself, and being apologetically you regardless of where that takes you. For some people they realize who they are makes them abnormal or different, and that's what the whole ETO Brand is about. Outlawing the norms, connecting with other Indigo babies and being unique individuals ala aliens. It's also wrapped HEAVY into cryptozoology and Outlast Aquemini /ATLiens era since I always had a love for strange/other dimensional shit. Sun Ra is also a heavy influence on all of my work. He was a wild boy.

And yes that's the homie Royal Ascension! She is amazing man and we have a ton of shit still coming. I was unsure if she still posted on here. Is she @Royal ?

The sample that I use is from a hood UFO video that happened in real life. Dude is freaking out seeing UFOs lol and and saying "we getting invaded, those are aliens, y'all need to be shooting this shit".

And haha Die Algorithm Die is a rebellion towards how media and music is consumed and how it should be processed. It's a music protest of what popular music should sound like, feel like, and intentionally not made for YouTube shorts or tik toks. I wanted to scare the hoes (as some folks would say) and remain as abstract and free flowing as I could in this project while keeping some cohesiveness and jazz elements.

This album was most about feeling, from abduction that you mentioned of sci Fi elements, to pride and affirmations, to to acceptance.

Next project will be darker and very New Orleans influenced and more sci Fi and somber about my up bringing in my city. It's a sci-fi horror. Love Craft Country mixed with Tales from the Hood mixed with Star Kid (classic 90s film) is the best way I can describe it.

Back