COMMUNITY Silverfoxx Official Top 10 Songs of 2022

silverfoxx

Bitch mob
May 10, 2017
drunk-singing.gif
I will be dropping these annually. With three days remaining I think it's a good time to drop my personal opinion for a very fun year of music. Before folks get triggered just know I used a personal ranking based on the score and alot of good songs were left in the honorable mentions.

The Score is worth 25 points total with at 100 the most. Jay Z said it best: Numbers dont Lie.

Rating scale :

Impact - Conversation, Internet Traffic

Delivery/wordplay - Bars

Instrumental - Love to the Producer

Creativity - Uniqueness of the song

Barley made the cut:

I just wanna rock -lil Uzi vert

They're better be a Mirrorball- Artic Monkeys

When sparks fly - Vince Staples

Gold rings - Freddie Gibbs

Michael and Quincy - Nas and Hitboy

Wait for you- Future, Drake, Tems

Let the Smokers Shine the Coupes- Pusha T

Kody Blu 31- J.I.D.

Louis Baggage - Currensy and Babyface Ray

Black Kings - Sauce Walka and Babyface Ray

This is not a song- NBA YoungBoy

10. DJ Khaled, John Legend, Lil Wayne, Rick Ross Jay-Z God Did- Lets be honest, we are here for Hov verse. This track beat out Nas and Hit Boy Quincy and Michael due to its impact. Its rare when you can hear artists just "float " on tracks and Jay Z definitely did on this one with arguably for the verse of the year. Also shout out to the vocals on the hook and Wayne verse was definitely a sleeper.

Imapct - 24
Delivery - 23
Instrumental - 17
Creativity -9

Overall 73

9. WestsideGunn and Black Star- Peppas- Great year for Griselda again and Rome Streetz almost made the list with his song Big Steppa (You NIGGAS WASH!!) But what the commander of the fashion rebels was able to do was even more incredible. He got Black Star on his track and even on the video. From classic hip hop bars "My shit feel like Illmatic again" Peppas was definitely a standout.

Impact -12
Delivery -24
Instrumental -Conductor we have a problem!!!! -23
Creativity -15

Overall-74

Last edited:
8. Joey Badass and Men I Trust- Show Me - Joey badass and indie band Men I Trust created in my opinion the smoothest rap song if 2022. Going back to the days of getting to know loved one better, this song strenghs was its sensitivity outside of its smoothness

Impact-11
Delivery -25
Instrumental -25
Creativity -16

Overall- 77

7. Benny the Butcher and J Cole- Johnny Ps Caddy- Alchemist soul samples are hip hop royalty. The introduction of Benny the Butcher grit and arguably the most ambitious verse of the year from J Cole from his instant intro classic line "On the night I was born, the rain was pourin', God was cryin' Lightnin' struck, power outage, sparks was flyin' " this song impact help stamped Benny the Butcher name with alot of new fans and his most viewed song to date on YouTube.

Impact- 18
Delivery -24
Instrumental -23
Creativity -15

Overall-80

6. Doechiii -So persuasive- With Kendrick Lamar Exodus from TDE, this new encomer is helping to usher in a new era that will likely see its Top Dawgs be carried by vocalists. This poppy, classy, energetic song does a great job having a hook that gets stuck in your head, and even the the vocals towards the end shows how versatile and creative new comer Doechiii may be. The visuals are also a throwback to fun 90s art scene which always makes songs go crazier.TDE seems to be in goods hands.

Imapct - 13
Delivery - 22
Instrumental - 23
Creativity - 23

Overall-82

5. 5 Seconds of Summer and Sierra Deaton-Older- Yup, I included a 5 seconds of Summer song. Now before anyone close off their brain receptors, press play on the music video, and tell me this song and music video and song message is not special? This melancholic tune did not have the impact it deserved due to the artists who created it, but the music video and song subject matter and delivery is hauntingly beautiful.

Impact -8
Delivery -25
Instrumental -25
Creativity -25

Overall- 83

4. Drake and 21 Savage-Privlege Rappers - Arguably the top hip hop album from the mainstream side and even the backpackers, Her Loss had alot of bangets but this song sample of Jay Z it was all good just a week ago, got the old heads jamming to this shit as well lol. The back and forth from Drake and 21 was on full display, and the two seasoned vets specialty is shit talking over 808s in the groovest of ways. The album rollout of doing parodies of a ton of music platforms was also creative and hilarious which generated a ton of buzz

Impact -25
Delivery -21(had too)
Instrumental -23
Creativity -18

Overall-84

If I don’t see no Afrobeats list is invalid

Wizkid and Tems should be one and 2

3. Ab Soul-Do Better- one if the more vulnerable songs/ mantras of thr year, Ab Soul return on the scene with a visually stunning, raw, and motivational songs of the year. The ghost of his ex Alori Joh was definitely with him on this one. A smooth song that was underrated by many but respected by people in need.

Impact- 17
Delivery -23
Instrumental -23
Creativity -25

Overall--88

• Goat
Reactions: shutupGabi
2. Lil Yachty -Poland- Lil Yachty did it. He was able to craft a instant viral sensation meme/ song that was considered a joke and throwaway that was leaked by a hacker (His actual words) and help create a futuristic, psychedelic, and hella catchy hook to sing. Even for rap purists who hate this track, they have to admit how fucking fun it is to sing, as the iconic melodies and adlibs stick in your brains. "Poland" is the epinomy of grabbing a Chulupa and a Bajia Blast from Taco Bell at 1am after being stoned or going out. Usually you would never grab that horrible fast food because you love yourself, but man sometimes that shit HITS.

Impact- 25
Delivery - 23
Instrumental - 17
Creativity -24

Overall-89

1. Kendrick Lamar- Mother I Sober - The leading point for Kendrick Lamar Mr Morales and the Big Steppas, "Mother I Sober" a case can be made for this song to be considered the most vulnerable male rap song of all time. To state where is its almost uncomfortable for the listeners, this song is literally a therapy session. An argument can be made that this is one of the more important songs in the black community that will likely not be celebrated until years after, because let's be honest it's a uncomfortable conversation.

Impact-23
Delivery -25
Instrumental -20
Creativity -25

Overall-93