• Yes

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters

Goldie

I Just Want Some Chips
Site Owner
Some might say, when someone crosses the line and causes any sort of harm, even psychological, there should be consequences. Any kind of bullying can led to self-harm, eating disorders, suicide, crying, less friends, fights with families, etc.

But others may say, the fact that kids and adults can be cruel and insensitive is unfortunately never going to change and it would unduly infringe upon many freedom of speech rights to further legislate words. This is a slippery slope. People can BLOCK unwanted comments on social media in ways that they cannot in person to person communication, so while people may be less civil remotely, they also have less unobstructed access.

What do you think?

I feel if you're bullying a person so much that they commit suicide then I have no problem with the bully being charged.

You guys have no idea what these kids are doing these days. They are way too involved in social media and are able to see everything.

I've talked to kids who've been bullied online, you can block people but others share the post and it can pop up on your feed.

Personally I would love to have kids that are confident in their self-esteem so this wouldn't be a problem, but that's not the case.

Cyber bullying is a first world problem and bullshit at that. Block them or just get off that shit, its not that hard.

I really despise the first world problem response people have concerning others' issues. It's dismissive. And those problems they face are front and center. As much as we pretend to care about third-party countries and their problems, my problems will always trump that.

Hell yes. Quit actin like the block feature actually blocks a mf forever. Some bullies go real far with the shit.

Last edited:
Expound on this

Like IronMane said, if they are hacking or plastering nudes everywhere, you might have a case.

You know how easy it is to just create another account after someone has been blocked? So yea, they could bullying them, get blocked, start a new page and pick back up.

Some people go as far as making a fake page of those they are bullying.

This generation is deeply indulged in social media. Simply saying log off, mainly teens, isn't gonna be that easy. Why should they have to log out? They have the same rights and interests to partake in online activities as well as any other individual or groups.

Cyber bullying is to an extent already illegal. Parents have been charged for embarrassing their children in violent ways, kids have been charged for encouraging suicides, etc. Same goes for texting. You can get jail time for harassing someone via text.

This generation is deeply indulged in social media. Simply saying log off, mainly teens, isn't gonna be that easy. Why should they have to log out? They have the same rights and interests to partake in online activities as well as any other individual or groups.

THIS!.
and yes I think cyber-bullying should be considered a crime.
I also want my children to be strong mentally so they know how to deal with wack mfers.

Cyber bullying is a first world problem and bullshit at that. Block them or just get off that shit, its not that hard.

This 10000%.

I could only imagine what my mother, pops, cousins etc would have said if I told them someone on the internet was being mean to me.

Back