Welcome To aBlackWeb

Breaking News Serena Williams withdraws from French Open before playing Maria Sharapova

Duwop

You're the target, not the victim šŸ§
Mod Squad
https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...pen-before-playing-maria-sharapova/668564002/

Serena Williams reacts during her match against Julia Goerges.
SUSAN MULLANE, USA TODAY SPORTS

Serena Williams withdraws from French Open before playing Maria Sharapova

ROXANNA SCOTT | USA TODAY SPORTS
Updated 2 minutes ago

Serena Williams has withdrawn from the French Open before her fourth-round match against Maria Sharapova.

STORY FROM FINISHYOURDIPLOMA.ORG
Find free adult education classes at FinishYourDiploma.org

French TV first reported the stunning news that Williams would pull out of the match because of an arm injury. Williams said at a news conference Monday that she's unable to serve because of a pectoral problem.

"It's very difficult because I love playing Maria," Williams said. "Itā€™s a match I always get up for. Her game matches up so well against mine."

She said the pectoral injury isn't something she's suffered before in her career, but it flared up in her match against Julia Goerges on Saturday.

"I've never felt this in my life so I donā€™t really know how to manage it yet," Williams said. She is scheduled for an MRI on Tuesday. "But this is a little different ... I'm clueless as to what to do."

Williams was scheduled to play Sharapova in a fourth-round match at Roland Garros, the third match on Philippe-Chartier Court.

Serena and Venus Williams lost in doubles Sunday to Andreja Klepac and Maria Jose Martinez Sanchez.

by Taboola

Teen Kicked Out Of Prom When Adults Can't Stop StaringEternalLifeStyle

Guy Posts This Photo Of Him With His Smiling Dog And People Instantly Call 911KiwiReport

What Is The Most Surprising Thing About Working At NestlƩ?NestlƩUSA | Medium

She Adopts A Girl That Nobody Wants. 19 Years Later, She Looks Totally DifferentParentz Talk

More Stories

First legal bare-knuckle boxing event held in U.S.

JOSH PETER | USA TODAY
UPDATED 10:09 A.M. EDT JUNE 3, 2018
CHEYENNE, Wyo. ā€” Bare-knuckle boxing, last practiced with fanfare on American soil when legendary champion John L. Sullivan was knocking out men in the 1880s, made its official return Saturday night.

Billed as the first legal, sanctioned and state-regulated bare-knuckle event in U.S. history, the 10-card bout got underway at the Cheyenne Ice and Events Center in front of a sellout crowd of 2,000. A potentially far bigger audience watched the pay-per-view telecast.

Fighters wearing gauze wrapped around their hands but with knuckles exposed paraded in the ā€œsquared circle,ā€ specially designed for the event that prompted threatening phone calls, according to promoter David Feldman.

ā€œOne guy said, ā€˜Iā€™m going to welcome you to Wyoming with a bullet in your head,ā€™ " Feldman, founder of Bare Knuckle Fighting Championships, told USA TODAY Sports. "Just a lot of junk that came our way.

"I know that most people are just talking, trying to scare me off, and I didnā€™t want to take it seriously. But you never know what may happen.ā€™ā€™

Back