Welcome To aBlackWeb

Rolling Stones Magazine 100 Best East Coast Hip-Hop Songs of All Time

It's all a matter of opinion, and I don't mind C.R.E.A.M. being listed at #1

But Planet Rock was listed at #40 and it should have been ranked much, much, much higher, like top 3.

Planet Rock is one of those few songs that you can play at a nightclub and a circle will form and people will start breakdancing. If you've ever seen people breakdancing to Planet Rock you'd have to agree that there is no other song in Hip Hop that has that effect on people.

Otherwise, it's a decent list.

On second thought, Juicy was listed at #3. That song was cool at the time it came out but it has aged horribly. It sounds awful, like it was mixed on clock radio speakers. There's absolutely no sub-bass or 808. I challenge somebody to listen to Juicy right now and tell me that it was mixed properly.

I would switch Planet Rock with Juicy. And then I'd switch Juicy with One More Chance (Remix).

It's all a matter of opinion, and I don't mind C.R.E.A.M. being listed at #1

But Planet Rock was listed at #40 and it should have been ranked much, much, much higher, like top 3.

Planet Rock is one of those few songs that you can play at a nightclub and a circle will form and people will start breakdancing. If you've ever seen people breakdancing to Planet Rock you'd have to agree that there is no other song in Hip Hop that has that effect on people.

Otherwise, it's a decent list.

On second thought, Juicy was listed at #3. That song was cool at the time it came out but it has aged horribly. It sounds awful, like it was mixed on clock radio speakers. There's absolutely no sub-bass or 808. I challenge somebody to listen to Juicy right now and tell me that it was mixed properly.

I would switch Planet Rock with Juicy. And then I'd switch Juicy with One More Chance (Remix).
Why does a song need an 808? The song sounds just fine.

So ghetto is not a better song than NY state of mind.. SMH

I think Nas is like is Nas best song and should be top 5

Triumph >> Cream

Letting white people tell you about hip hop <<<<

Yeah White people make themselves look foolish when they make lists like this.

I scrolled down trying to get to the top ten.

saw Slick Rick - Children's Story at #51

I scroll down again.

I see Azealia Banks at #42.

NOPE. Immediately clicked the back button. Fuck outta here lol. The White Man's evil truly knows no bounds

Y'all gotta stop letting rolling stone be the authority on anything hip hop....

Yea, yo, there are some that I agree with, but a lot of what the fucks?!....Good thing I dont get caught up in these lists....Since this is East Coast, I dont think there will be too many rapper going on podcasts voicing their beefs with this

Back