Welcome To aBlackWeb

Revisiting: The Terminator (1984)

konceptjones

The one between three and three.

So this popped up in my suggestions on YT. Surprised it was the whole flick so I sat here, bourbon in hand, and rewatched the whole thing just now.

It still holds up in 2022. I was really surprised I'd still like it so much. Haven't seen this shit in ages so it's like a fresh watch at this point. The future Kyle Reese was talking about is only 7 years from now, and between Google and Boston Dynamics, there's a very real chance AI could gain sentience and decide we need to be eliminated. That'd be some really fucked up shit if that actually happened and we'd only have ourselves to blame for it.

I'm trying to figure out what it was about Linda Hamilton that I liked so much as a kid. She had no ass, no titties, and a marginally attractive grill to me today, but a young Koncept was diggin her something serious back in '84. Goddammit she's plain as fuck... what the hell was I thinking??? Maybe it was her lips??? I dunno, but this broad really ain't that cute.

Anywho, Arnold as the Terminator worked perfectly. At that point in the game dude was pretty much just a stiff, shitty ass actor that played Marvel's Conan The Barbarian in two flicks and that's precisely why he worked so well as a killer cyborg. Stiff, shitty acting, just like a cyborg would be while trying to pretend to be human.

I still fucks with this flick. Gotta see if I can find T2 on YT to revisit that shit too.

Good film... Haven't seen it fully in years though...

Schwarzenegger playing a villainous role (I think that's his only one that I know of) was a highlight... terrible CGI though but I get it because of the era

Judgement Day is my favourite in the series and is a masterpiece in my opinion ... I think it's also more accessible than Part 1.

So this popped up in my suggestions on YT. Surprised it was the whole flick so I sat here, bourbon in hand, and rewatched the whole thing just now.

It still holds up in 2022. I was really surprised I'd still like it so much. Haven't seen this shit in ages so it's like a fresh watch at this point. The future Kyle Reese was talking about is only 7 years from now, and between Google and Boston Dynamics, there's a very real chance AI could gain sentience and decide we need to be eliminated. That'd be some really fucked up shit if that actually happened and we'd only have ourselves to blame for it.

I'm trying to figure out what it was about Linda Hamilton that I liked so much as a kid. She had no ass, no titties, and a marginally attractive grill to me today, but a young Koncept was diggin her something serious back in '84. Goddammit she's plain as fuck... what the hell was I thinking??? Maybe it was her lips??? I dunno, but this broad really ain't that cute.

Anywho, Arnold as the Terminator worked perfectly. At that point in the game dude was pretty much just a stiff, shitty ass actor that played Marvel's Conan The Barbarian in two flicks and that's precisely why he worked so well as a killer cyborg. Stiff, shitty acting, just like a cyborg would be while trying to pretend to be human.

I still fucks with this flick. Gotta see if I can find T2 on YT to revisit that shit too.

i always liked the war scenes the most tho

Back