Restaurant waitress accused of inflating customer tips

313 Wayz

Dec 18, 2017
You'd be surprised how many people don't check their credit / debit card transactions for fraud

Restaurant waitress accused of inflating customer tips

http://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/restaurant-waitress-accused-of-inflating-customer-tips

WAGA_iHopWaitress_10022018_1538521425722_6146772_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

PEACHTREE CITY, Ga. - A Peachtree City IHOP waitress is in trouble with the law after police say she inflated the tips left by numerous customers. Tammy Neri has been charged with credit card fraud.

FOX 5 spoke with one customer who says his bill went from $23 to $48 according to his credit card statement.

The Peachtree City IHOP is a popular eatery, especially with families when the kids eat free. According to the police report, the 40-year-old Neri was arrested after IHOP called authorities in to investigate suspicious activity.

Kelley Darley of Peachtree City, one of the victims, said he and his family eat at the Peachtree City IHOP frequently.

“My kids like the breakfast for dinner, so we go there about once a week,” he said.

Darley said he got a call from police who alerted him to check is credit card statement. That’s when he said he found out his $23 bill, had been changed to $48.

“I hate a thief. I would have given that poor person money if she needed, Darley said, "But I don’t like it taken from me.”

As of Tuesday, 21 people were identified as victims on the police report.

Although, we all want to be trusting, especially of hardworking restaurant servers, police said it’s easier than ever to make sure you are being charged the proper amount.

“Once a week, or more frequently if you can, check your credit card statement. Or there are even apps to make sure you are getting charged what you thought when you left the restaurant or retail establishment,” said Lt. Odilia Bergh of the Peachtree City Police.

i write my shit BOLD and clear, and usually tip pretty decent anyway

i watch the ones that have the tip line even when there was no server too

if im picking it up I write a bigass zero w/ a line thru it over all the lines lol

on the other hand I almost always leave my copies, so they could still get me

Reactions: 313 Wayz
I use to carry a shit ton of cash

I went to having no cash at all

Now I carry 100 in cash on me at all times now

2-20s 2-10 4-5s 20-1s

Yeah I keep a couple of each bill too with no intention on actually spending it just in case. Even if I get got it ain’t enough that I’ll trip off it, but I do like the feeling of having it and not needing it over needing it and not having it

Yeah I keep a couple of each bill too with no intention on actually spending it just in case. Even if I get got it ain’t enough that I’ll trip off it, but I do like the feeling of having it and not needing it over needing it and not having it

Same here.

That shit aint spending money at all. Its just in case Im driving around and see a somebody selling some shit on side of the road, garage sale etc.. or when the Gas station card aint reading correctly

Peachtree City is in the same county I'm in, about 15 minutes away.

There's BIG money all up thru PC so I know she was doing this to countless people/families b/c she thought they prolly wouldn't even notice or check their accounts.