Welcome To aBlackWeb

Amazon Renfield 🧛🏻‍♂️

I was liking the story until Cage showed up as the vampire. Just didn't work out. I'm guessing this is a spoof movie?

Crazy Campy Cage

PRAISE: After a century of being in Dracula's "service" Renfield tries to break free of him.
This is the type of movie that puts an immediate smile on my face because of the way its structured and how it plays with its subject matter. Nicolas Cage gives his all in his performance as Dracula channeling the great performances of other actors that have inhabited the legendary character such as Bela Lugosi and Christopher Lee. Nicholas Hoult does great as Renfield definitely displaying how he has grown weary and leary of the vampire.
Awkwafina is also very good as a traffic cop named Rebecca who is seeking vengeance.Ben Schwartz gets to dole out several funny one liners. The characters that inhabit the movie have great chemistry.
The violence in the film may be comical but that fact doesn't lessen the gore or intensity.
There are great nods to classic Dracula films.
I'm glad the movie didn't pull back on certain things I thought it would. There are quite a few laugh out loud moments.

PROBLEMS: I know what the movie was going for but some portions of the movie are way over the top and silly. I think the movie needed at least another 15 minutes to flesh out a couple of characters and what they were up to without any real background they were just lacking.

Scale of 1 to 10 a 7½

Back