Welcome To aBlackWeb

Red Flags.

stinky-disgusted.gif

What are some red flags in the talking stage that make you not want to date someone?
"I don't have to explain myself" energy after a weird unexplained absence or missed call/outing. I used to shrug it off, but now if you tell me you'll call or text on Wednesday and I don't hear from you until Thursday and there's no type of explanation throughout the day as to what happened, Friday I don't know you. I won't even unfollow on social media. I just legit quit speaking. Nothing good ever comes from people like that.
If their two biggest hobbies are eating and traveling.

They’re just boring and or bored and want someone to entertain them.

Those aren’t hobbies. And they have no idea what hobbies are.

Forgot this part. Yeah, I met one like that a few years ago. She was going in on me for not getting to travel, so I asked her what did she do in all these places. "I ate this. I ate that." I said, "So you spent thousands of dollars traveling to go eat in foreign, differently named Olive Gardens?" Quiiiiiiiiiiiiiiet on the other end of the phone.

I'll also add roasting sessions too early. If I've known you five minutes and you start a checking session, Memphis-born or not, I'm winning and not calling back.

"I don't have to explain myself" energy after a weird unexplained absence or missed call/outing. I used to shrug it off, but now if you tell me you'll call or text on Wednesday and I don't hear from you until Thursday and there's no type of explanation throughout the day as to what happened, Friday I don't know you. I won't even unfollow on social media. I just legit quit speaking. Nothing good ever comes from people like that.

Forgot this part. Yeah, I met one like that a few years ago. She was going in on me for not getting to travel, so I asked her what did she do in all these places. "I ate this. I ate that." I said, "So you spent thousands of dollars traveling to go eat in foreign, differently named Olive Gardens?" Quiiiiiiiiiiiiiiet on the other end of the phone.

I'll also add roasting sessions too early. If I've known you five minutes and you start a checking session, Memphis-born or not, I'm winning and not calling back.

I mean the foreign food part is a big reason, i wanted to hit NO just for the food

I mean the foreign food part is a big reason, i wanted to hit NO just for the food
Yes and no. Like if you're traveling to Egypt or South America, yeah the food is a big part of it, but there's history and culture there that can be explored. Ol' girl was literally bragging about traveling the world and all she found to do was eat. Ride a camel. Talk to a local. Visit a museum. Ain't no way I'm catching flights to go eat and then back to the room for pool selfies then trying to cap like I'm doing big shit.

I'm going to the room to sleep. The rest of that time I'm outside exploring so I can have some stories to tell besides, "Yo, the cake at Fifi Le Chamboray is bomb."

Back