Welcome To aBlackWeb

Poll (Rd3) Better Storyteller: Scarface vs DMX

Better Storyteller?

• Total voters
Big-Niggas bleed, story to tell, me and my bitch, nasty boy, suicidal thoughts...shit's just crazy, effortlessly, like if u listen to big enough, half his rhymes was stories, and you ain't even realize it...it's just the descriptive way he raps, it's his style....it's full of imagery...like an author

X- Same thing, x is maaddddd relatable... he raps like he talks, he talks like he raps... and he's often dropping wisdom through stories, cuz that's how some people talk... how's it going down, the dameion trilogy,crime story, here we go again, X can't help himself, it's just who he is

Pac- another author. Brenda's gotta baby was a straight after school special.in fact almost all of Pac's cautionary tales were after school specials.... pac just really told it like it was, and was powerful with his words. Dear momma, was another, maybe the video added to the picture, but he took you there with the words as well

Budden- 3 sides to a story gets him in my top 5 alone. It was just done to perfection, and a staple of what a dope story is.

Nas- from rewind, to get down, 2nd childhood. Nas is another who just does it effortlessly. just tellign hood stories is part of te way he rhymes. he even did fucking history lessons in ican....

I can't vote. I wouldn't be mad if it go either way. It's crazy that these two are against each other because I think Face is DMX favorite rapper (I might be wrong).......but I know he give major respect to Face for saving his life.

Idk. I'm seeing storytelling a little different than others. Dear mama is not a storytelling song imo. Brenda got a Baby, is a actual story.

Pac is very descriptive in his style. A lot of time he ain't just rapping, he's recalling things from his youth, or relating to the listener on describing a feeling.....

to me that's telling a story....you're taking the listener on a journey.....Pac does it in mad songs, and you don't even realize it....

like shit even songs for the chicks, he's completely setting a whole scene...i rather be your nigga is a strong example.... at what point is it a song and ant what point is he role playing himself hollering at a chick, and describe the stages of their relationship?

like that song might not classically be a story song, but i see a story being told in my head when i listen.....i see a dude trying to talk a girl out of her relationship....

Back