4."Eric B. Never Scared"5:21
5."Just a Beat"2:07
6."Put Your Hands Together"5:15
7."To the Listeners"4:32
8."No Competition"3:52
9."The R"3:55
10."Musical Massacre"4:29
11."Beats for the Listeners"4:08

While Rakim is the better MC, Strictly Business had better production, and the cuts and scratches were better.

I voted for EPMD

I also picked 'Strictly Business' for better album. I remember hearing that album damn near all summer long in 1988. It was in the barbershops, coming out of cars, out of people's boomboxes, on people's walkmans, at every danceclub (I was still hitting the underage clubs and rolling skating rinks... I'm not THAT old).

Everyone agreed that Rakim was the 'god MC' but 'Follow The Leader' took time to grow on people. After 'Paid in Full', a lot of people were disappointed with the 'darker, gloomier' beats on their second release. It had the illest rhymes but definitely was getting the same airplay at the time...

Women would go crazy when EPMD came on at a dance or block party... Rakim, not so much. However, he was still getting love from the people who appreciated real emceeing.

Having said that, 'Follow The Leader' still had lots of bangers and was getting a ton of airplay...

Y'all know what it is.

Follow The Leader is the first full album I ever bought with my own money. I got my first paycheck from my first job ever on the Tuesday this shit dropped. Cashed my check and walked to Sam's Jams on 9 mile and Woodward and copped the album and have had it ever since.

I'm a die hard EPMD fan. Got all of their albums including We Mean Business. As far as I'm concerned, EPMD>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Run DMC.

But I'm going with Follow The Leader. It's just a better album IMO, even if I can't start a party with it.

100_3351.JPG

Back