Welcome To aBlackWeb

Rd1: Goat Song of 99: No Pigeons vs Ill Bomb

Rd1: Goat Song of 99: No Pigeons vs Ill Bomb

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You be hating on LL

Bruh, I owned LL's first 4 albums AND had the single for "Jack the Ripper" and "Going Back To Cali" from the Less Than Zero soundtrack on vinyl. I used to fuck with his shit heavy. As far as I'm concerned, "Momma Said..." was the beginning of the end for dude. That was the first skip-heavy album of his I owned.

Bruh, I owned LL's first 4 albums AND had the single for "Jack the Ripper" and "Going Back To Cali" from the Less Than Zero soundtrack on vinyl. I used to fuck with his shit heavy. As far as I'm concerned, "Momma Said..." was the beginning of the end for dude. That was the first skip-heavy album of his I owned.
What about Mr Smith

While I agree that his first two albums and the Going Back To Cali/Jack The Ripper were the pinnacle of his career, let's not act like LL fell off with Mama Said Knock You Out. That album had a handful of singles that got heavy rotation in my neck of the woods. In fact, that was my senior year in high school and when we went out on weekends that was one of the albums we'd listen to.

Mr Smith had some decent songs on it.

10 was his last decent album imo. It came out in 2002.

While I agree that his first two albums and the Going Back To Cali/Jack The Ripper were the pinnacle of his career, let's not act like LL fell off with Mama Said Knock You Out. That album had a handful of singles that got heavy rotation in my neck of the woods. In fact, that was my senior year in high school and when we went out on weekends that was one of the albums we'd listen to.

Mr Smith had some decent songs on it.

10 was his last decent album imo. It came out in 2002.

Finding tracks on Mama Said... that I fucked with a lot was a struggle. Past that album I'd give his shit a listen but never found a compelling reason to buy them albums. They were all "meh" to me.

Yeah I don't think I bought anything after Mama said, but these songs were hot:

Back Seat Of My Jeep
Loungin
Doin It
Hey Lover
I Shot Ya
I Shot Ya Remix
Phenomenon
Back Where I Belong
Ill Bomb
Luv U Betta
Paradise