Welcome To aBlackWeb

Rd1: Goat Song of 99: It’s Mine vs Dope Money

Rd1: Goat Song of 99: It’s Mine vs Dope Money

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Neither of these songs will make it far, but on the real, I prolly listen to these on the daily more than 90% of the songs in the tournament.

I don't understand how people say Nas fell off.

It's Mine
Hot Boys (Remix)
The Death of Escobar mixtape

Nas was on top of the mixtape scene just as Jay Z, DMX and Ja Rule were running the clubs and top 40 radio.

Coz his albums at the time were wack

The Source gave Nastradamus 2.5 mics. But when you listen to it in 2018, its more like a 4 mic album.

I Am...
Nastradamus
Death Of Escobar Mixtape
QB's Finest

^^^^Really? Those albums were "wack"?

The Source gave Nastradamus 2.5 mics. But when you listen to it in 2018, its more like a 4 mic album.

I Am...
Nastradamus
Death Of Escobar Mixtape
QB's Finest

^^^^Really? Those albums were "wack"?

There's no time wherein Nastradamus is 4 mics

You old niggas love remindin' everyone about the climate of the time and I always hear that Nas just was not bangin' after It Was Written and before Stillmatic

I Am.....Nastradamus was a double disc but got bootlegged heavily which is why he hurried up and tried to salvage Nastradamus by recording 12 new songs to make Nastradamus a full album.

Come Get Me and Project Windows were the only songs on Nastradamus that were initially recorded during the I Am sessions.

The majority of the scrapped songs ended up on Lost Tapes.

I Am was released in April 1999 and Nastradamus in November 1999

There's no time wherein Nastradamus is 4 mics

You old niggas love remindin' everyone about the climate of the time and I always hear that Nas just was not bangin' after It Was Written and before Stillmatic

I Am.....Nastradamus was a double disc but got bootlegged heavily which is why he hurried up and tried to salvage Nastradamus by recording 12 new songs to make Nastradamus a full album.

Come Get Me and Project Windows were the only songs on Nastradamus that were initially recorded during the I Am sessions.

The majority of the scrapped songs ended up on Lost Tapes.

I Am was released in April 1999 and Nastradamus in November 1999

Nonsense.

Life We Chose
Nastradamus
You Owe Me
Come Get Me
Shoot Em Up
Project Windows

^^^ Those songs all have replay value in 2018. And the rest of the album was decent.

The Death of Escobar mixtape came out in the summer. I remember chillin on Martha's Vinyard (an island off the coast of Massachusetts) on July 4th, 1999 with my homies bumping The Death of Escobar mixtape.

If you say Nas wasn't the absolute best MC on July 4th 1999, you're crazy.

Nonsense.

Life We Chose
Nastradamus
You Owe Me
Come Get Me
Shoot Em Up
Project Windows

^^^ Those songs all have replay value in 2018. And the rest of the album was decent.

The Death of Escobar mixtape came out in the summer. I remember chillin on Martha's Vinyard (an island off the coast of Massachusetts) on July 4th, 1999 with my homies bumping The Death of Escobar mixtape.

If you say Nas wasn't the absolute best MC on July 4th 1999, you're crazy.

Jig and DMX in 99 >>>>>>>> Nas in 99

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back