Rd1: Goat Song of 98: Can I Get a vs Don Cartagena

Rd1: Goat Song of 98: Can I Get a vs Don Cartagena

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don Cartagena is a personal classic, great album, but i'm rollin with jigga

Jigga FTW...Ja bodied that verse

Yeah I was living in NYC when Can I Get A came out. Jay had 4 songs on heavy rotation; Can I Get A, Money Ain't A Thing, It's Alright and Hard Knock Life. If you listened to Hot 97 for 15 minutes you'd be likely to hear one of those songs.

One day, I think it was a Saturday, Hot 97 did a top 100 rap songs of all time. I didn't listen to the whole thing but I listened for a while, left the house, came back listened some more, turned the radio off and watched TV, then turned the radio back on, etc. They were playing all Hip Hop classics like Scenario, The Message, Fight The Power, I Need Love, Self Destruction, Nuthin But A G Thing, Eric B IS President, Juicy, Dear Mama. I mean they were playing the hottest rap songs that had ever been released and the suspense was what was going to be the #1 song.

When they finally got to the #1 song, it was Can I Get A...

In hindsight, that isn't the #1 rap song of all time, but it was the hottest song out at the time the show was recorded.

I guess you could make a case for Can I Get A... being the #1 song of 1998.

Yeah I was living in NYC when Can I Get A came out. Jay had 4 songs on heavy rotation; Can I Get A, Money Ain't A Thing, It's Alright and Hard Knock Life. If you listened to Hot 97 for 15 minutes you'd be likely to hear one of those songs.

One day, I think it was a Saturday, Hot 97 did a top 100 rap songs of all time. I didn't listen to the whole thing but I listened for a while, left the house, came back listened some more, turned the radio off and watched TV, then turned the radio back on, etc. They were playing all Hip Hop classics like Scenario, The Message, Fight The Power, I Need Love, Self Destruction, Nuthin But A G Thing, Eric B IS President, Juicy, Dear Mama. I mean they were playing the hottest rap songs that had ever been released and the suspense was what was going to be the #1 song.

When they finally got to the #1 song, it was Can I Get A...

In hindsight, that isn't the #1 rap song of all time, but it was the hottest song out at the time the show was recorded.

I guess you could make a case for Can I Get A... being the #1 song of 1998.

Base off your logic Ja was bigger than Jay Z in the early 2000’s tho...lmao

You mention it many times in the past from the IC to ABW...lmfao

Well Ja Rule outsold Jay every year from 2000-2003

I prefer Jay Z's music.

In fact I've never really listened to a Ja Rule album in its entirety but he had some songs I liked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back