Rd1: Goat Song of 07: Surviving The Times vs Curtis

Rd1: Goat Song of 07: Surviving The Times vs Curtis

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
50 was talkin wreckless during a radio interview saying he could shut down any projects from whatever label it was Cam was with at the time and him and the head dude got into it. Cam just so happened to be there chiming in in the background i think so dude passed him the phone and they got into it w/ Cam bringing up G-unit sales n shit like that

I remember 50 dissing Koch Records. “How much did the Mobb sell Curtis”!!!

I remember saying Koch was an, "artists graveyard".

But the thing is, if you already have a following like, say, KRS One, you don't need to press a million copies of your CD. You need to press 10,000 copies and have a merchandise table at your shows where you sell CDs & T-shirts. Furthermore, if you have a following like KRS One you don't need to do arena/stadium shows with 10 other artists and split the door. Somebody like KRS can do a show in a club that holds 500 people and charge $50 at the door.

So Koch is a great label if you already have a following. You'll never go gold or platinum on Koch but since you're selling each CD hand to hand you keep 100% of the profit. Ain't nothing wrong with selling 5,000 cds hand to hand at shows and keeping all of the profit.

Status
Not open for further replies.