Welcome To aBlackWeb

Rape victim sentenced to 30 years for stillbirth under El Salvador's strict abortion laws.

Race Jones

gangster. grace. alchemy
IMG_0902.JPG
Nineteen-year-old Evelyn Beatriz Hernandez Cruz convicted of aggravated homicide under country's strict abortion law.

Evelyn Beatriz Hernandez Cruz was convicted of "aggravated homicide" on Wednesday under what Amnesty International called El Salvador's "retrograde anti-abortion law".

Local rights groups say Hernandez Cruz had been raped months before going into labour, but had not told police out of fear.

She also said she did not know she was pregnant when she suffered severe abdominal pain and fainted in her bathroom in April 2016.

Hospital staff reported her to officials and she was charged after the body of the feotus was found in a toilet.

According to local media, Hernandez Cruz was convicted on grounds that she did not get prenatal care. Prosecutors also argued that the baby may have died after birth.

El Salvador is one of five countries where abortion is criminalised in all cases.

Under the country's law, which was implemented in 1998, women can be charged for murder and other related charges even when a pregnancy is the result of rape, incest or when the life or health of the pregnant woman or girl is at risk.

Been to el salvador, their laws as well as their medical industry r archaic
I've never used this word in a sentence. When I know a word and it's meaning it bugs me out that I've never actually used the word.

I'm a nerd SMH

Oh an on topic, that's crazy she got that many years or years period

Bury their entire law enforcement agency and their law makers

Back