Welcome To aBlackWeb

Ransom - Sinatra's Demons

The sample is godly and these "producers" that just find loops and do nothing to else to the sample should be embarrassed as fuck.

I could see Metro Boomin or Wheezy taking this sample and making one of the hardest beats ever out of this.

Shame.

Not everything needs 808 and triple high hats

Sometimes u got to let the horn section breathe plus it matches the Sinatra big band theme

Not everything needs 808 and triple high hats

Sometimes u got to let the horn section breathe plus it matches the Sinatra big band theme

Nah this shit is just lazy. There's no movement to instrumental. It's the same 4 bars over and over. There's no filter, no drums, no nothing.

I could made this beat in 5 minutes by going on YouTube and ripping any big band song into an MP3. Find any section with the perfect 4 bars. Putting that shit into Ableton. Pitching it down some. Take a high pass filter to remove any of the bass and drums. Add reverb. Duplicate.

That's probably exactly what the producer did.

I joke about late 1990s to early 2000s of NY street hip hop just being dusty and boring. But like the great beatmakers of that era had a certain level of pride in how they sampled to make it their own. They layered different samples. Take a drum break and chop it up.

This 2000s street hop renaissance is lazy and uninspired.

Imagine if Kanye West had this sample.

Back