Welcome To aBlackWeb

Racist Laura Ingraham tells LeBron to Stop Talking About Politics: ‘Shut Up and Dribble’

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/joy-rei...e-grist-for-the-ratings-mill-is-black-people/

Joy Reid Slams Laura Ingraham: ‘Fox News Has Decided The Grist For the Ratings Mill is Black People’

MSNBC’s Joy Reid held a lengthy segment on her Sunday show to take on Fox News’ Laura Ingraham, who has been engaged in a back and forth with LeBron James over whether the NBA star is allowed to voice his political opinion.

Ingraham took aim at LeBron earlier this week over his criticisms of President Donald Trump, instructing the Cavs player to “shut up and dribble.”

AM Joy’s panel held a discussion of the feud between the basketball player and the Fox News host, with Beat DC editor Tiffany Ross defending LeBron’s right to express his political views.

“I think what Laura Ingraham did was highlight her own ignorance,” Ross said. “There’s been a long, rich tradition of athletes weighing in on political issues. This is the same woman who would have told Muhammad Ali to shut up and fight when was protesting the Vietnam war.”

“There is this extent to which Fox News has decided that the grist for the ratings mill is black people,” Reid added. “Black NFL players, black NBA players.”

“You had Eminem make a music video attacking Donald Trump — that’s not interesting to them. The grist is always black and brown people, because they know that it sells.” (Editor’s note: For the record, Fox News did cover Eminem’s music video. I remember. I had to watch all of it.)

Reid then played a video of Ingraham’s defense of her LeBron comments against criticism that she was being racist. Ingraham countered her critics by pointing out that she has used the “shut up and x” line against people throughout her career, regardless of ethnicity.

Reid argued that the Fox News host is being willfully ignorant of the undertones of her comments.

“All they do all day and all night is find black people to put on TV and say, point and point and point and look at them,” she said.

“They’re panicked,” said Eric Boehlert, a writer at progressive news website Shareblue. “The last eight days they don’t want to talk about a wife-beater in the White House, they don’t want to talk about another mistress being paid off.”

“So they have to expand the reach for the outrage, and they end up sounding like a chatroom from Stormfront, and any of these white nationalist sites.”

She invited him on to her "court". I hope Bron ignores the bitch, she just wants the ratings

LeBron wouldn’t give her the satisfaction. On her “court” SMH. We been on people like hers court for a while now. Being black is like playing a basketball season and 85 percent of it is away games.

Man, stop giving these people attention. They do this shit to get it and ratings, which equals more money for them. I never heard of this lady until now.

this why niggaz gotta stop losing their edge...

i know yall say the attack on masculinity is all made up n what not,... but it's really not... they tryna make niggaz soft tot he point where they don't fear us anymore, and think they can get away with shit like that..

lebron been umble all his career, and they think they can just say anything to homie cuz he don't wild out....

they don't say shit like that to niggaz who known to act out...

they say it to the docile agreeable, controllable nigga...

they tried homie with the king kong shit oo......

smh

this why niggaz gotta stop losing their edge...

i know yall say the attack on masculinity is all made up n what not,... but it's really not... they tryna make niggaz soft tot he point where they don't fear us anymore, and think they can get away with shit like that..

lebron been umble all his career, and they think they can just say anything to homie cuz he don't wild out....

they don't say shit like that to niggaz who known to act out...

they say it to the docile agreeable, controllable nigga...

they tried homie with the king kong shit oo......

smh

He move with his money and time.

People voted for Hitler, too. Doesn't mean shit.

Appeal to popularity. Genetic Fallacy. Strawman.

That dingus is in no position to be throwing salt at James for his education level.

Back