Welcome To aBlackWeb

Question........Is our Hiphop "culture" doing us a disservice?

Is it a disservice

• Yes, it's time for a change

Votes: 15 83.3%
  • No, the culture will reset itself in time

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • This is coon talk

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters
Yes...
Coupled with crack 80s aesthetic nurture.., reality tv social

Its a highlya influencial vehicle to our youth and those on their second child hood

Lmao @BlackRain hitting the wack button like I didn’t just state a FACT

:hahaha:

I hit wack because you're acting like an idiot over a battle which has existed since rap music. You hate the shit so much yet can't stop talking about it. So either you're stupid for listening to something you claim to dislike or you're lying about your dislike. Either way...you're an idiot.

I hit wack because you're acting like an idiot over a battle which has existed since rap music. You hate the shit so much yet can't stop talking about it. So either you're stupid for listening to something you claim to dislike or you're lying about your dislike. Either way...you're an idiot.
IMG_3341.jpeg

Ain't nothing redeemable about Hip Hop anymore. There might be a few new cats like JID that are trying and some old heads still make decent music, but for the most part the art is lost. It's just bullshit for clicks and cash. Hell, when you hear the artists talk about the music, they don't even seem to give a shit about it for real. They just do it because it pays them, and they would say anything and do anything if it sells.

Ain't nothing redeemable about Hip Hop anymore. There might be a few new cats like JID that are trying and some old heads still make decent music, but for the most part the art is lost. It's just bullshit for clicks and cash. Hell, when you hear the artists talk about the music, they don't even seem to give a shit about it for real. They just do it because it pays them, and they would say anything and do anything if it sells.
"But it's going through a cycle as it did before"

Things a person that is shortsighted and lack awareness would say.

Nowadays, I just wait for them to intellectually catch up.

Mos def classic album Black on Both sides

"Fear not man" talking about the state of HipHop. Underground heads like myself use to use that as an example

Fast forward Mos def comes out with an underrated album called "The New Danger"
An important track on that album is the "The Rapeover."
Fast forward Mos def wearing quasi homosexual shit. It's over yo

Now.....

Riddle me this

Which song holds more weight

"FEAR NOT MAN"

OR

"THE RAPE OVER"

Y'all already know the answer to that
Don't nuke it yo.
It's simple but some of y'all can't calculate.

As the wheels of time keeps spinning and we all grown older and hopefully maturing as we get blessed with old age. With that said at our more mature age can we have a discussion about the hiphop "culture" that we have been all a part of in our musical taste and outright lives we have live and continue living.

The hiphop culture in my opinion has gotten out of hand and has always been big in our everyday lives but let's be honest enough is enough. We have killed more blk/brown in our music and real lives than any other art form out there and it's not really up for debate. We disrespect our women, our women disrespect their men and we have glorified the killers, gangs, drug dealers and pimps thru audio stimulation and visual stimulation through music, videos and film.

Just look at our films and tv series that are big in our communities as of late. We have series like Snowfall(which has incredible actors and real life events), Power, The Wire(the GOAT of all shows) and films that in all honesty portray US in a negative way. We I was younger I used to think when I heard a older person say what I am saying now in this OP they was some hating ass oldheads but thankfully with time comes wisdom and I see what the oldhead was talking about as I am now the oldhead(also fuck yall in advance with the old jokes lol).

With that said, do yall believe a culture shift is needed or is it too ingrained in us now for a massive reset to ever happen and we should just focus on making our loved ones better people as they grow to leave that culture/mindset back?

I'm sure some of you super niggas we say this is coon talk and that's cool but isn't it time we really looked into this?

Let's talk about it

Don't even think you can call the hiphop of today a culture.

Well, maybe a culture of ignorance and toxicity........but most of it shouldn't even be classified as hiphop to begin with.

I can remember back in the 80s people were saying Hip Hop was negative and violent BEFORE NWA CAME OUT!!!

When it was Run DMC, Whodini and The Fat Boys people were saying rap is negative and it isn't music.

When NWA came out it gave the haters confirmation that all rap was negative.

Bottom line, it doesn't matter if there's a balance between positive and negative, people will always focus on the negative.

Focusing on the negative gets more media attention and sells more records.

If rappers made positive music, didn't curse and the women were covered up in the videos people would still find something to complain about.

White people (your Lyon cohens, Jimmy Iovine’s) made it so rap became commoditized past any real form of expression, like an iPhone: 4 colors of the exact same shit, every year.

It’s not unlike the demand for slaves in Africa during pre-colonial times, where by the end, the people providing them were left undermined by their very own greed that empowered the Whites.

Niggas today will deadass beat somebody to death for disrespecting DJ Vlad or any of these “so what wud u do if ur opp walked in right now?” Interviewers or lean rappers/prostitute rappers.

but to answer your question yes..yes… after 30 years of repeating these depleted ass talking points about the spelling of nigga or rappers being newscasters of the ghetto I’m ready to surrender and admit this shit is negative and a detriment to our people and should probably end sooner rather than later, its no saving this ship now.

Attachments

• IMG_0915.gif
    IMG_0915.gif
    2.7 MB · Views: 2
I can remember back in the 80s people were saying Hip Hop was negative and violent BEFORE NWA CAME OUT!!!

When it was Run DMC, Whodini and The Fat Boys people were saying rap is negative and it isn't music.

When NWA came out it gave the haters confirmation that all rap was negative.

Bottom line, it doesn't matter if there's a balance between positive and negative, people will always focus on the negative.

Focusing on the negative gets more media attention and sells more records.

If rappers made positive music, didn't curse and the women were covered up in the videos people would still find something to complain about.
HipHop isn't a cycle.
It's a culture

And cultures dies

Back