Welcome To aBlackWeb

Question, Inspired by RaceJones

ImaInfluenza

Who do you think you are? I am
Ladies, what does it feel like to be pregnant? I know it’s a crazy question to ask but let me explain why I’m asking.

I’ve witnessed a lot of women during pregnancy, after the fan fare of the new baby on the way dies down and the mother goes through the maturation process of having a human being created in her.

I’ve seen the mood swings, the bloating, the swelling, the general physical discomfort. I’ve seen the mental strain of watching your body change and how it affects your confidence and self esteem.

I’ve seen the birthing process in hospitals being as unromantic as it possibly can be,I mean. It legit looks like what happens during an alien abduction. And after the baby is born I’ve seen the postpartum depression, sleepless nights, I’ve seen it takes it toll.

To me, it looks like hell. It’s looks like torture, I mean yea you get a beautiful jewel from it but man. So the reason I ask is that, from my eyes it looks like so much to go through that I couldn’t imagine wanting to do something like that again.

But women will say things like they want another baby. Like huh? You want to go through that again? There must be something about a human growing in you that is so special that you would be willing to do that again.

So, the real deal, explain to me like I’m 5, what is it like to have a child growing in you?

I thoroughly enjoyed being pregnant. I didn't have any swelling or morning sickness or discomfort. And for me my pregnancy has alot of meaning. It doesn't directly relate to "the feeling of being pregnant " but because I moved back into my parents house and spent my pregnancy with my mom( she passed 6 months after my son was born) we went to new mom classes together and everything. So for me my pregnancy was the last major mother/daughter experience I had. And my mom took care of me after the baby, which was very helpful.

I didn't "feel" pregnant until around month 4/5. Idk it felt natural and kinda regular after a while. The only thing I didn't like about my body was the black line.

I was in labor for like 5 hours..but it felt super quick. My baby latched on easy and so I was happy about that because breastfeeding was super important to me. Oh my mom cut the umbilical cord too.

So my best friend videotape the whole birth...and I had a mirror so I could actually see my son come out.The process of birth is so interesting, I wanted to see everything.

Thank God I didn't have any tearing 🙌🏾 so my healing process was quick and easy. And my baby was such a good baby. Like no crying really at all....but he did sleep with me.

like you I heard and was told horror stories and so I prepared myself but I had a really really good pregnancy. I was blessed and would have another child. But every pregnancy is different so...my next one could be way different. But pray it's like my first 🙏🏾.

Last edited:
I thoroughly enjoyed being pregnant. I didn't have any swelling or morning sickness or discomfort. And for me my pregnancy has alot of meaning. It doesn't directly relate to "the feeling of being pregnant " but because I moved back into my parents house and spent my pregnancy with my mom( she passed 6 months after my son was born) we went to new mom classes together and everything. So for me my pregnancy was the last major mother/daughter experience I had. And my mom took care of me after the baby, which was very helpful.

I didn't "feel" pregnant until around month 4/5. Idk it felt natural and kinda regular after a while. The only thing I didn't like about my body was the black line.

I was in labor for like 5 hours..but it felt super quick. My baby latched on easy and so I was happy about that because breastfeeding was super important to me. Oh my mom cut the umbilical cord too.

So my best friend videotape the whole birth...and I had a mirror so I could actually see my son come out Every birthdaThe process of birth is so interesting, I wanted to see everything.

Thank God I didn't have any tearing 🙌🏾 so my healing process was quick and easy. And my baby was such a good baby. Like no crying really at all....but he did sleep with me.

like you I heard and was told horror stories and so I prepared myself but I had a really really good pregnancy. I was blessed and would have another child. But every pregnancy us different so...my next one could be way different. But pray it's like my first 🙏🏾.

This was so very sweet and heart felt, thanks for sharing and educating us.

Back