Welcome To aBlackWeb

Question about black owned businesses

Rubato

it only matters to us
People often say that buying black owned is going to cost you a little more and that is just part of the deal.

Why?

Why can’t we encourage black businesses to realize their true potential by leveraging a better understanding of capitalism?

Relying on consumer morality is NOT a sound business model.

I say that because I have yet to see a black owned “discount” or price savings focused brand, and I think the first one that shows up is going to make an absolute killing.

I thought it was because alot of black owned businesses start off as small businesses and might not be able to take advantage or have the relationships/connections off the rip to buy/produce product in bulk and at a cheaper rate compared to larger companies

I thought it was because alot of black owned businesses start off as small businesses and might not be able to take advantage or have the relationships/connections off the rip to buy/produce product in bulk and at a cheaper rate compared to larger companies

There are small nonblack businesses who have the same issue but make it work though. Are we working with less capital? I know Asians are big on pooling resources

People often say that buying black owned is going to cost you a little more and that is just part of the deal.

Why?

Why can’t we encourage black businesses to realize their true potential by leveraging a better understanding of capitalism?

Relying on consumer morality is NOT a sound business model.

I say that because I have yet to see a black owned “discount” or price savings focused brand, and I think the first one that shows up is going to make an absolute killing.
I'll say small businesses (no matter the color of the person) will cost you more because they actually handmake 80% of their products 20% sourced.
The more prominent (big box) companies can buy in bulk as mentioned but that also comes with a significant markup and the product may not be as good as that handmade product.

As smaller businesses gain capital from sales and possible investors they can stabilize to stay afloat.

You might not see a "discount" but they do have specific promotions they run which usually coincide with an email sub.

Look at a few products you enjoy and think about the price at which it's made and what you actually pay that is not locally sourced.

I don't mind paying extra but the attitude needs to match the price.

If I see you fawning over non Black customers and think that's your ticket to the big house. I say let those people patronize your business

Back