Welcome To aBlackWeb

Ps4 Issue, need help

OGDirtyD

NAWF ATLANTA ×
Last night I was playing PS Now and after awhile I fell asleep. Well the next day I go to turn it on and it says:
playstation-4-slim-ps4-failed-dashboard-firmware-update-error-repairs.jpg

When I do what it says it just wants me to insert a USB drive in to download but from what I read regardless it's going to erase all of the data. I saw on YouTube they said you can replace the hard drive as it might be corrupt and very easy tutorials on how to. I called gamestop to get advice and 2 different stores employees said dont get a new hard drive as it's too complicated (sales tactic to buy a new one? Idk?) And said it could be something bigger then the harddrive so now im lost.

Anybody experience this? Found a solution?

Somethin similar happened to me

Think mine was due to using an external hard drive.

Well after i had to erase ALL my data i i have plenty of storage space now

Somethin similar happened to me

Think mine was due to using an external hard drive.

Well after i had to erase ALL my data i i have plenty of storage space now
When you erased your internal hard drive how long ago was it? And has it happened again? My fear is erasing it all and starting back for it to happen again after a few days like some people reported.

When you erased your internal hard drive how long ago was it? And has it happened again? My fear is erasing it all and starting back for it to happen again after a few days like some people reported.
Its was shortly after the polar vortex

My struggles are documented somewhere in the red dead thread.

Its been all good since the restart. My son cried after he lost all his spiderman data tho. Restarted the hard drive 2 days after he beat the game.

:cry:

Its was shortly after the polar vortex

My struggles are documented somewhere in the red dead thread.

Its been all good since the restart. My son cried after he lost all his spiderman data tho. Restarted the hard drive 2 days after he beat the game.

:cry:
Fuckkkkkkkkkk. Yeah my biggest fear was my data is going to disappear with no return. Did you just do a factory reset or did you do the download through a USB drive with the update?

I have a hard feeling my dumbass was upset at the blue light when I fell asleep and just pulled the cord instead of shutting it down properly.

I didnt do anything with usb port since my suspicion was the usb hard drive was the root of the prob.

Only thing ive plugged into the usb ports since is the controller chargers

I didnt do anything with usb port since my suspicion was the usb hard drive was the root of the prob.

Only thing ive plugged into the usb ports since is the controller chargers
I used a old cell phone charger recently to charge one of my controllers through the USB port not sure if that caused the issue or my dumb ass pulling the cord out the wall while it was possibly updating.

I got important save data

Foh lurk

Do you have PS+? You can upload your saves to the cloud if you do and download them when you need it or if the HDD causes fuckery and you lose them...

Yeah I had to do a factory reset but majority of my saved stuff was in the cloud and just had to redownload it to the harddrive. Fortunately I had turned my PS+ back on a few days before it happened not sure If it would of still had it after I had cancelled it.

It will stay on the cloud for 6 months after PS+ ends, as long as you reup before that, it should be all good...

What's your address so if my shit is deleted I can yoke you up..I'm about to get RDR2

LOL

I got this joint

6203245cv13d.jpg;maxHeight=640;maxWidth=550

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/wd-my-...ware-encryption-black/6203245.p?skuId=6203245

I only fuck w/ WD Ex. HDD. Had a Seagate like 9-10 years ago shit fucked up like 6 months after, been fukn w/ WD since.

Never had 1 problem w/ them joints.

If you dont mind how does this work and how do you set it up.

Just plug it in to one of your USB ports

You'll get a prompt about formatted for your PS4, once that's finish( should only take a couple of minutes), then you good to go.

After that once you put in a new game(or old one you deleted), it will automatically go to the ext. HDD. Unless you got space on both hard drives, then it will ask you which one you want to save it on.

Last edited:
Back