Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION Players Getting Big Pay Days

Goldie

I Just Want Some Chips
Site Owner
I was watching Undisputed and Shannon was talking about the Panthers drafting a QB and he said "the team's are always gonna look out for themselves first, so when the players have a chance to get their money they better take it".

However, there's been backlash when some players got their big pay day (kobe for example) and people said they ruined the team's chances of winning cuz they took up most of the salary cap.

Do you think star players are foul for demanding the big pay day knowing it'll take up most of the cap or do you think the star player should get the biggest pay day they can?

Man fuck that. The sports that I follow are composed primarily of black players and I'll always be in favor of a black man getting paid. Kwon Alexander got grossly overpaid and left my favorite NFL team. I don't begrudge him one bit.

I heard Tom Brady took a pay cut so The Patriots could spend more money on getting the rest of the team together. But then again, he probably already has hundreds of millions.

I think a rookie should do what Kyrie Irving did. Go for a championship first. Then after you secure a championship, get as much money as you can. Look at Kyrie Irving's contract. He did it perfect. He won a championship and then got paid.

Screen Shot 2019-04-29 at 5.04.30 PM.png

Man fuck that. The sports that I follow are composed primarily of black players and I'll always be in favor of a black man getting paid. Kwon Alexander got grossly overpaid and left my favorite NFL team. I don't begrudge him one bit.

C/S the bold.

So the Leagues, Television networks, Stadium/Arena owners, and franchise owners who are mostly white owned and operated can accumulate hundreds of millions of dollars in profits with no issue but it's a problem when the players are making those funds? Foh.

Foh with that love for the game bullshit. Nobody is playing a pro sport for free.

I was watching Undisputed and Shannon was talking about the Panthers drafting a QB and he said "the team's are always gonna look out for themselves first, so when the players have a chance to get their money they better take it".

However, there's been backlash when some players got their big pay day (kobe for example) and people said they ruined the team's chances of winning cuz they took up most of the salary cap.

Do you think star players are foul for demanding the big pay day knowing it'll take up most of the cap or do you think the star player should get the biggest pay day they can?

Star player should get as much as they can. Business right and they gonna have to deal with the injuries and the tike away from families. The owners are billionaires

I heard Tom Brady took a pay cut so The Patriots could spend more money on getting the rest of the team together. But then again, he probably already has hundreds of millions.

I think a rookie should do what Kyrie Irving did. Go for a championship first. Then after you secure a championship, get as much money as you can. Look at Kyrie Irving's contract. He did it perfect. He won a championship and then got paid.

View attachment 129011

Kyrie signed that contract before the Cavs won a championship.

Championships don't matter in the NBA. Just ask bum ass John Wall.

Star players are what bring eyeballs to the product... these networks and fans aint spending money to put on or watch a league full of C+ players

The owner mentality of the owners created this monster.

Athletes getting paid big money is relatively a new thing, even if sports themselves always made big money.

The mentality was always pay them what they'll take, not what they're worth. Keep them hungry and they'll always play harder.

But with each decade athletes got smarter and smarter and until we get what we got now, them getting agents and getting as much money as they can for their efforts to ensure they not getting underpaid...

I feel like it's usually a bigger criticism of the team instead i5f the player. Like nobody was mad at Jimmy G or Cousins, (except maybe fans of those teams). People just called the teams dumb for giving them that much.

Kobe Bryant's situation was a bit different than most players being that he was on the downside of his career and the fanbase (which is used to winning and he openly talks about winning) thought he would take less so the team would have money to go after higher profile players to assist the team in prolonging the winning culture.

Me personally I don't blame him for taking the money because the Lakers struck out a few times trying to keep and get younger guys to play with Kobe at that point in his career. Kobe was the reason fans still watched a losing team at that time so he earned that money. I still think it's funny people blamed his deal when it was actually just him and his fans presence that scared players away from joining

In all walks of life get all the money you can fuck how somebody else feels about it. My exception to that is don't do wrong by old people, kids or the handicapped(mental or physical) outside of that get what you earn and hopefully more.

i think it depends....everyone has different objectives.

some guys only want money and others want to say they are the best and yet others want to be apart of a legacy.

i think a dude wanting money shouldnt be a problem but if it hurts the team and the team cant go no where because they can get another star, its kinda iffy.

i think the question should be asked....when do you have enough money?

cuz most of these dudes can buy but so many cars and homes or businesses.....but when does it get to a point where you have enough and can take a step back and allow others to strive. but most people dont have that type mentality.

i think it depends....everyone has different objectives.

some guys only want money and others want to say they are the best and yet others want to be apart of a legacy.

i think a dude wanting money shouldnt be a problem but if it hurts the team and the team cant go no where because they can get another star, its kinda iffy.

i think the question should be asked....when do you have enough money?

cuz most of these dudes can buy but so many cars and homes or businesses.....but when does it get to a point where you have enough and can take a step back and allow others to strive. but most people dont have that type mentality.

First bold is not iffy. If the team can't get another star its the team's fault for signing said player to that high paying contract.

2nd bold IMO you can never have enough money. Don't mean you have to be greedy and petty but I want every penny that I'm supposed to get no matter how much money I already have.

3rd bold A player doesn't need to take a step back so the next man can get a bigger contract. What should happen is said player who already got it and still getting it advise the other player on how to get it whether its with the same team or another team.

Back