Welcome To aBlackWeb

Pete Rocks sues Nas

Don Dada

Rock told Page Six, “Nas and his people have stonewalled me since 1994; My New Year’s resolution is to be compensated for my hard work on ‘Illmatic.'”

Last edited:
Nas: whose royalties are these? It's mine it's mine it's mine!!!

FirstBoilingGreatwhiteshark-size_restricted.gif

Story behind The World is yours is kinda dope tho.

He remembers Large Professor bringing Nas to his home studio in 92-93'[Recording The Worlds is yours]

“Nas was a new voice but he already had such distinctive skill,” Rock said. “It was like it was supposed to happen; this guy had to be in hip-hop. There was no way in the world he could do anything else but rap. Anyway, he came in and I just started playing him some of my beats.”

He was humming the hook to himself and saying to me, ‘Yeah, yeah, this is it right here. This is the one.’ He started telling me about the hook and how he wanted me to sing it. I tried it out, man. I didn’t want to sing it at first but I did, and it turned out to be one of my favorite Nas songs.

“It was heavy competition [working on the same album with DJ Premier, Q-Tip, and Large Professor]. We were all friends but we knew when it was time to do what we had to do, it was about competing with each other. But we used Nas to do it, if you want to look at it in a fun way."

Back