Welcome To aBlackWeb

Breaking News Parents sue school after Bronx teen commits suicide the same day as sexual assault

I'm blessed to not raise kids who bullied.

As fucked up as it may sound, and trust I'm not proud of them being as aggressive as they are, but I do find comfort in knowing my kids would never let someone just do shit to them.

My kids fight... Hard.

My son goes to a tough school, and he is by far not the meanest kid there. He's not a "good" kid either. But he's not mean. He's not nasty. He does have a temper. And he does fight a lot. But enough teachers and administrators have confided with me that he is not a bully, and more times than not he gets in trouble for his response for kids fucking with him.

And my daughter is already showing plenty signs that she goes harder than him. All her teachers even now say she's a natural leader, and the kids just don't know any better than to listen to her because she's the one telling everybody what to do.

But they also said she's not mean or a bully... She's just very confident.

So no knock to parents of kids who get bullied, but the reality is our mindset is just different.

When your kid gets picked on, you often feel very defensive and your response to stuff like this is gonna be different than a parent of a kid who never gets bullied.

Also I'm very very involved in my kids heads. I wanna know what's going on, who their friends are all that.

Again I hate to judge too much, but I just can't imagine a scenario where this is allowed to go on. I just pay too much attention.

My daughter has a big brother who has no issues getting into scraps ...I can't even phantom some boys pushing to in my daughter and my kids don't handle it immediately.

They only 7 & 2 at the moment, but it's clear who they are personality wise.

At the end of the day, I don't feel I'm raising victims
Du your kids are young. You don’t know if they’ll be bullied or not yet. You got years to go. I wouldnt say I was a fighter because it barely came down to it but got close many times. I nipped that shit in the bud real quick, but it happened. They tried it.

We all wear masks. We are all always “doing well” in life, even when we aren’t. Kids are no different. They suck at communicating their feelings. It has to be pried from them. We always accept our kids are doing well because we think that we would know otherwise.

Truthfully, if it wasn’t for my daughter having the phone and us receiving texts, we wouldn’t have known anything. She wasn’t expressing this anywhere else besides those texts. Everyday we texted in the mornings, positivity and when she arrived and when she was leaving school, so that we knew she was safe throughout the day.

Smiles can be fake. How many times have we known someone in which we later say, “had no clue they were going through that, wish they would’ve talked to me..” there’s a few, be it family members or friends.

Look at these shooters, their family members and friends have no clue they’re having hateful and murderous thoughts and feelings, yet they share their true feelings w strangers on a message board about what their actions will bring in the future.

We all wear masks.

Nah @ the bolded. You cant even compare the 2. Theres no way you have a kid who wants to commit mass murder and there were no signs. And the issue with your daughter was resolved from your parenting, as it should. If you and your wife werent involved it could of turned out worse, so idk why you're downplaying your role in that.

My son if probably stronger than everyone in his class (I make him workout) but he to nice and kids be trying to take advantage of him

At the end of the day he is a leader in class and tries to show kids the right way to do things when it comes to be nice and respectful.

He did get in trouble for punching a lil boy and lil girl in the mouth 2 months ago for trying to talk about him. Which didnt surprise me because he hates bullies and even when we watching a movie or show he gets very upset and sad/mad at it. Sometimes he walks out the room because he hates it so much

Not all young kids know they are being bullies and I would say this because I was called a bully before. A dude I know was really close friends with a dude I went to elementary school with and he told the dude I was a bully in elementary school. On another occasion I seen a dude I went to elementary school with and spoke to him and he looked at me funny. I had to think about it for a while and realized I used to crack jokes on him back in the day.

I didn't realize it because nothing I ever did or said was with malicious intent to really fuck with person head. Like yall are saying you just never know until someone tells you or you find out after something fucked up happens.

Nah @ the bolded. You cant even compare the 2. Theres no way you have a kid who wants to commit mass murder and there were no signs. And the issue with your daughter was resolved from your parenting, as it should. If you and your wife werent involved it could of turned out worse, so idk why you're downplaying your role in that.

You think there’s “signs” because you watch too many movies. We, as the viewer, get to see their actions that are actually being done in secret. They hide these words/actions from their family members and friends. People are great at lying to others and themselves. You can easily hide these things.

As a kid, I would capture lizards and put them into empty two liter bottles, then I would blow them up. I once found a baby crow, put it into a puddle of water and ran it over w my bike multiple times. I felt like complete crap afterwards and had my parents known about that, had anyone known, I probably would’ve been evaluated by a doctor or counselor. As I got older, it’s always stuck w me. I was horrible for that. But it’s still something I’ve never told anyone until just now...

I’m ashamed of that. But regardless of my emotions then and now, it was still something done in secret because I know how ppl will view that. Someone couldve said I was a killer in the making. (I wasn’t, obviously) The only point I’m trying to make here is kids, teens, adults all lie and wear masks. We front about our thoughts and feelings. We keep a closet full of crap that only we have the key to.

We aren’t taught about being transparent. Transparency is viewed as a weakness. We grow up hiding and lying about things and it grows more and more as we get older. We, of course teach this isn’t the right view, but the majority of people live this exact way.

And I’m not trying to downplay my role as a parent at all. My point is that when I conversate w my daughter, everything on the surface seems so great. Yeah, there’s discussions of small struggles, things that are tangible; report card, behavior of the day etc and we can talk and address those things easily.

But what’s mentally internal; feelings, thoughts, insecurities etc aren’t easy to pull out. My daughter tells me she’s doing well, then I take it as such. I SEE no other reason not to. When I seen the texts, it was only then that I was able to see her internal struggles that weren’t on the surface. It gave us an in-depth look that we couldn’t see and allowed us to step in to help fix those issues.

Back