Welcome To aBlackWeb

Parents, are your children allowed to lock their bedroom doors?

when my pops was home I don’t recall if he let me shut my shit

I’m pretty sure he let me though

No lock on my son’s door. But if he wanted one, I’d prolly accommodate him. He’s never given me a reason to feel otherwise.

If he does, I will. Until then, he’d be able to lock his shit.

I didn’t have a lock on my bedroom door as a kid. But I’m pretty sure my mom would’ve handled it the same way. For the most part, she let me do my own thing because I never gave her a reason not to. But I know she would’ve handled her business If I did have a lock and was abusing it. Cuz there was a point when she told me to keep my door open for whatever reason and I kept closing it...and she smooth took that bitch off the hinges. And I was out running around when she did the shit. So I just came home one day from hanging with my lil friends and ain’t have no bedroom door no more. Lol.

Growing up we could close them but couldn’t lock them. I didn’t start closing my door til about 13 anyway.

my son can close his door. He can’t lock it.

Lol my mom used to flip shit when i had my door locked. Come downstairs to wake my up and wouldnt be able to open the door and would start banging and shaking the door yelling "Louis, why the FUCK is this door locked?!?!!" and id swing it open like "wtf is your problem?!" Why tf there a lock on the door if i cant use it?

My mom and grandma only ever showed slight concern about locks because they'd worry if something bad ever happened to one of us, some type of emergency, they wouldn't be able to get in. But otherwise, no.

Lol my mom used to flip shit when i had my door locked. Come downstairs to wake my up and wouldnt be able to open the door and would start banging and shaking the door yelling "Louis, why the FUCK is this door locked?!?!!" and id swing it open like "wtf is your problem?!" Why tf there a lock on the door if i cant use it?
Cause the builders put it there lil’ nigga and I ain’t about to change out the doorknob! Now let me see this mufucka locked again!

I’ve already talked on here about my beef wit doors as a teen but my parents really didn’t care when I did have a door...unless we locked it out of anger..my sister learned that tha hard way when my mom took HER shit off tha hinges cuz it was locked lol

My son 15 wit’ a smart phone and a laptop...he better lock his fuckin’ door...I make all kinda noises when I walk down tha hallway so he can quietly do WHATEVER tha fuck he in there doin’...lol

I didnt have a lock on my door but I would wedge something between the door and the wall if I really didn't want nobody to come in. My door was kinda "loose" so if I had the window open, the wind would open and close it. So that was my excuse when I wanted privacy/quiet time.

I spent my childhood sharin' a room with at least 4 other people so a lock would have been useless

Last edited:
Moms ENCOURAGED us to lock them damn doors. People had a habit of “borrowing” things without asking.

Back