Welcome To aBlackWeb

Parenting while in quarantine

Big Lurko

Im not here to read more than 2 lines..
What are the issues that have seem to come up during these last 9 months of quarantine? Are you afraid it will have lasting affects on your child/children? How did you explain to them that wearing mask and social distancing was now the new norm and how well are they adapting to this new life?

Will you vaccinate your child?

It’s having no affects on my kids.

My 7 year knows what Covid-19 is knows why he gotta wear a mask.

To be real I don’t know how spending extra time with your kids these months going to have any adverse consequences.

My son is like I was as a kid; he enjoys his own company and PREFERS his own company a lot of the times. I thought the quarantine wasn't affecting him. I was wrong.

About 2-3 months ago, we had a conversation, and it wasn't until after it was over that I realized that he was tryna tell me that the isolation was affecting him, he just didn't have the language to express himself. When I thought back on it, all the signs were there. He started getting more stressed out and anxious over little shit, he started getting a little mouthy and shit around the house, he was taking it upon himself to hit up my mom, my sister, etc, for 'Family FaceTime Calls'.

Between him not being able to go to school and not being able to see his friends and shit, it was starting to be a lot. He's managing better now.

I have toddlers so .. there's that
.. oblivious to what's going on

However during my self isolation I and my son kinda bonded a lot ... he became a bit too clingy to me (us being the only males at home)... my daughter the elder one attends nursery/kindergarten every weekday for about 6 hours

But with COVID here to stay
.. I'm planning in the next year or so working from home and schooling them both

I've seen my nephew start to go down a bad path with his schooling. Everytime I see him everyone yelling at him to pay attention to his teacher on zoom. He's only 6 but still. Bruh needs to get back into the classroom room asap but the timeline for that is nowhere in sight. He's checked out.

My son is wearing a mask. In the times I'm able to take him out to the stores he sees the others wearing masks so I think he normalizes it in his mind

I have a 16yr old. All he knows is video games. He don't really kick it with the kids in this neighborhood so he doesn't go outside. He and his friends get online and talk while playing video games. Kids are weird this pandemic shit would be great for us when was growing up because we would be all in the streets doing the dumbest of shit lol.

I have a 16yr old. All he knows is video games. He don't really kick it with the kids in this neighborhood so he doesn't go outside. He and his friends get online and talk while playing video games. Kids are weird this pandemic shit would be great for us when was growing up because we would be all in the streets doing the dumbest of shit lol.
That’s funny you say that because I was talking to someone about if this happened when I was growing up. We would be outside doing so much stupid shit and having the time of our lives.

I've seen my nephew start to go down a bad path with his schooling. Everytime I see him everyone yelling at him to pay attention to his teacher on zoom. He's only 6 but still. Bruh needs to get back into the classroom room asap but the timeline for that is nowhere in sight. He's checked out.

My son grades got better when they open the school back up. That zoom shit wasn’t working for him.

I thought it was something else but the teacher can’t really control and get everybody on page through zoom next when he does his 1on1 tutoring he does well.

But when they all online it’s be wild lol

This kinda how my Oldest son is. He get pissed cause on the zoom class all the kids screaming over each other and he can’t hear the teacher or interact with her. Then he checks out lol.

Back