Welcome To aBlackWeb

Olivia Munn Upset Over Davel Chappelle's Jokes About Louis CK

Chi-Town B

Mod Squad
Actress Olivia Munn has called out comedian Dave Chappelle for his "tone deaf" bit on Louis C.K.'s sexual misconduct scandal.

In Chappelle's recent stand-up special "The Bird Revelation," which premiered on Netflix New Year's Eve, the comedian did an extended bit on the women who accused Louis C.K. of unwanted masturbation, calling them "weak" for letting C.K.'s behavior affect them — or in one woman's case, stopping her from pursuing a career in comedy.

"You think if Louis C.K. jerked off in front of Dr. King, he'd be like, 'I can't continue this movement'?" Chappelle said in the special. "'I'm sorry, but the freedom of black people must be stopped. I didn't know this n---- was going to pull his d--- out and jerk off like this. I thought we were going to get a couple of drinks and chill.'

"Show business is just harder than that," Chappelle continued. "I hate to say it, y'all: They sound weak." (Read a more thorough account of the bit here.)

In an interview with The Hollywood Reporter published Thursday, actress, model, and former "Daily Show" correspondent Munn said she did not find Chappelle's jokes funny.

"It's in poor taste, and it's really tone deaf to the experiences of others," Munn told THR. "And I think especially Chappelle, as a minority, should show more empathy for the experience of other people who are abused and belittled and pushed down. You don’t shy away from things, but you also don’t say it just to be mean, or just to get a laugh."

Munn, who is involved in the Time's Up initiative and publicly accused filmmaker Brett Ratner of sexual misconduct, said that while she believes that comedians exist to make light of dark situations, Chappelle crossed a line.

"We have to elevate each other. Elevate other women, minorities, and the LGBTQ," Munn said. "That will be the big thing: to change history, get more opportunities and not only be known for the abuses that have happened to us."

tenor.gif

Actress Olivia Munn has called out comedian Dave Chappelle for his "tone deaf" bit on Louis C.K.'s sexual misconduct scandal.

In Chappelle's recent stand-up special "The Bird Revelation," which premiered on Netflix New Year's Eve, the comedian did an extended bit on the women who accused Louis C.K. of unwanted masturbation, calling them "weak" for letting C.K.'s behavior affect them — or in one woman's case, stopping her from pursuing a career in comedy.

"You think if Louis C.K. jerked off in front of Dr. King, he'd be like, 'I can't continue this movement'?" Chappelle said in the special. "'I'm sorry, but the freedom of black people must be stopped. I didn't know this n---- was going to pull his d--- out and jerk off like this. I thought we were going to get a couple of drinks and chill.'

"Show business is just harder than that," Chappelle continued. "I hate to say it, y'all: They sound weak." (Read a more thorough account of the bit here.)

In an interview with The Hollywood Reporter published Thursday, actress, model, and former "Daily Show" correspondent Munn said she did not find Chappelle's jokes funny.

"It's in poor taste, and it's really tone deaf to the experiences of others," Munn told THR. "And I think especially Chappelle, as a minority, should show more empathy for the experience of other people who are abused and belittled and pushed down. You don’t shy away from things, but you also don’t say it just to be mean, or just to get a laugh."

Munn, who is involved in the Time's Up initiative and publicly accused filmmaker Brett Ratner of sexual misconduct, said that while she believes that comedians exist to make light of dark situations, Chappelle crossed a line.

"We have to elevate each other. Elevate other women, minorities, and the LGBTQ," Munn said. "That will be the big thing: to change history, get more opportunities and not only be known for the abuses that have happened to us."
She's trying to tell Chappelle how he should feel?

Fuck outta here. It was a comedy show, dude was telling jokes, he's a professional comedian. If you don't laugh, fine. But don't do this "as a minority he should..." bullshit. He'll feel how he feels as an independent man capable of his own thought process rather than following the herd. That's why he's a stand out talent, because he doesn't just go along with the generally accepted rhetoric and comes at things from his own angle. This is some groupthink thought control bullshit she's trying to promote.

Last edited by a moderator:
ever since i saw her fappening pics, i just tune her out

OH...plus the bs FOX did with her as Psylocke

I'm honestly surprised Dave ain' caught more flack for that shit. Not that I agree w her, just bc of the times. What he said could have been taken outta context n used as sound bites for the "me too" movement. The whole "brittle" spirit thing had me like....maaan hope they don't come for Dave again

I'm honestly surprised Dave ain' caught more flack for that shit. Not that I agree w her, just bc of the times. What he said could have been taken outta context n used as sound bites for the "me too" movement. The whole "brittle" spirit thing had me like....maaan hope they don't come for Dave again
This is what George Carlin argued against and feared. People quote shit out of context these days like comedians aren't telling jokes, but their actual opinions. Folks are going to have to put disclaimers up like Jimmy Carr does saying "This show is a comedy show. I am a comedian doing stand up telling jokes trying to make people laugh. If you get offended, that's okay. If you don't like a joke, that's okay. But it's just entertainment, no need to call the cops or tweet about it. Just don't come to the next tour. Thanks for your money."

Chappelle is right though: brittle as fuck logic out here. I'm all about some anti-rape movements, but this shit where a guy shot his shot and missed or "I felt pressured to take dick" or "I took dick for a part and didn't get it" ... stop it. If a guy pulled his dick out and beat off in the room with me, I'd leave. If he's not barring exit and I don't have to fight a naked man, I'm sorry I'm not going to feel bad for anyone who didn't decide to leave with me.

That is the definition of weak. He beat off on the phone! Oh no! Hang up. I've gotten head from women, finished up, been called all kinda shit for not giving them theirs, and I'm not saying I got sexually assaulted because they kept playing with my dick and wanted more than I felt like giving. I just went to sleep or went home.

Aziz Ansari I think is the spelling. Dude blew a chick off at a party, got pursued by her, later took her on a date, and back to his house and ate her out. When he wanted sex, she said no, watched Seinfeld, and dipped but she's the victim because he pressured her to no end.... Word? He ate the whole box on the first date, wanted pussy, and she left unharmed... wtf is the harm?

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/15/opinion/aziz-ansari-babe-sexual-harassment.html

Read that shit. As for Munn, Ratner admitted trying to smash on TV or that he did smash (think she did too) but she used a different name so he didn't recognize her when she came in. The shit was like a casting couch situation, like she fucked him for a part and he said, "Ok. *Nut* Second thought nah." Years later that's him assaulting her?

I have no empathy for them women ck jacked off in front of. Like chapelle said they could've walked away from that situation but the idiots stayed and watched him finish. Also Olivia munn stfu you was on g4tv years ago with 3or four sausages stuffed in your mouth. You were a spank bank and jack off fuel for horny nerds.

Back