Welcome To aBlackWeb

Ohhhh so thats why mcdonalds ice cream machine always down….

Race Jones

gangster. grace. alchemy

In a victory for right-to-repair, a judge has sided with the company that makes it easier for McDonald’s to fix its ice cream machines.

As first reported by WIRED, at the center of the story is a long running cold war that explains why you often can't get a McFlurry when you want to. Taylor’s ice cream machines are an absolute nightmare to repair. When they break down, only a certified Taylor repair technician can fix the machine, which can lead to weeks where the McFlurrys don’t flow at McDonald’s.

Some overworked fast food employees learned various tricks to bypass sanitary and security measures on the Taylor machines, which made the ice cream flow but could also make people sick. Enter Kytch, a company making a diagnostic tool that gives McDonald’s franchise owners better control over their McFlurry machines. It collects data and allows them to make simple repairs, like replacing broken equipment or cleaning the machine, without having to call in a Taylor certified technician.

According to a lawsuit filed by Kytch, after obtaining one of the Kytch devices from a McDonald's franchise, Taylor told McDonald’s and its franchisees that the Kytch machines were dangerous and to stop using them. At the same time, Taylor began working on its own version of the Kytch system, according to court documents.
“These guys did a really effective job at frightening off all of our customers and investors so we're hoping the public will support our case in the name of justice, right to repair and humanity,” Jeremy O’Sullivan, co-founder of Kytch, told Motherboard. “We still have some diehard customers sticking with us. Though few in comparison to what we once had before McDonald’s and Taylor called our product dangerous.”
The ice cream machine maker, Taylor, now has to turn over all its ill-gotten Kytch Solution Devices within 24 hours of the court order. “Defendants must not use, copy, disclose, or otherwise make available in any way information, including formula, pattern, compilation, program, device, method, technique, or process obtained by any of them,” the court document said.

I've always heard that a lot of our most basic machines (e.g., cars) could function a lot longer than they do normally, but are purposely built to breakdown more quickly to incentivize people getting new machines more regularly. I can't say whether that's true, but it sounds about right.

I've always heard that a lot of our most basic machines (e.g., cars) could function a lot longer than they do normally, but are purposely built to breakdown more quickly to incentivize people getting new machines more regularly. I can't say whether that's true, but it sounds about right.

I agree with this!

Definitely some truth to this. I know first hand back when I was in high school working this temp job we used to deal with car parts and I would often say know wonder shit in cars don’t last long because the parts sometimes are cheap and would be made from plastic when another material should be used in that said spot

This ain't why they be down.

Usually lazy or efficient (Depending on how you look at it) night time employees shut them down early so they don't have to do it at closing time and can leave earlier.

Also if you knew what was in nacho cheese machines you would never eat that shit.

That cheese be turning green and black inside there if they don't clean it nightly.

This ain't why they be down.

Usually lazy or efficient (Depending on how you look at it) night time employees shut them down early so they don't have to do it at closing time and can leave earlier.

Also if you knew what was in nacho cheese machines you would never eat that shit.

That cheese be turning green and black inside there if they don't clean it nightly.

theres a whole lawsuit stating why they are always down and youre still solely blaming workers

shut up

I mean… I worked at McDonald’s at night and that ice cream machine was shut down early on a nightly basis. It was definitely cuz we weren’t staying to clean that shit.

:sup:

Yup when i worked at subway i used to close our doors 30 mins early to clean up. fuck i look like staying 30-40 after closing time then leaving

It's kinda true. The old shit had parts designed to last because things like a washer, dryer, fridge, etc were considered "durable goods". They cost a lot of money back then and folks wanted to know their investment was worth it. Newer shit is cheaper to make 'cause they're not using durable parts anymore, plus many of them have CPU boards that control them instead of simpler electronics made from heavy-duty parts so they fail more often (but might be easier to replace).

Cars are really no exception. Some are designed to the point where even replacing a headlight requires a trip to the dealership or a certified mechanic or you violate the warranty (i.e. our old 2011 Chevy Traverse. Changing the headlights literally required taking the fucking front wheels off). Older cars are easier to work on because less of it is controlled by the computer and done it ways that just make sense and are far easier to replace worn parts plus those parts were designed to last (cars are also considered durable goods).

Yea. I was told the machine gets so damn dirty and its not cleaned right or at all which breaks it.

And yes, folks stay shutting it down early lol

The company and the workers fucking up lolololol

You'd think by now McDonald's would've created a better ice cream machine

I'm confused by this article.

A quick Google search shows multiple brands of ice cream making machines.
I don't see the monopoly part in this. They had other brands to pick from.
Also have to wonder if McDonalds had a contract with this Taylor company.
And if they did, why didn't they cancel it or refuse to renew if the machines were so faulty AND so costly.

And this Taylor company's secrecy sounds similar to how other manufactures are with their equipment TBH.

Back