Welcome To aBlackWeb

Objectively, What Is Your Opinion Of This Song and Concept?

Word

I ain't actively sought it out in years but I just watched the whole video

It's a classic, undisputable

I never liked it. Never liked the idea of hard rock and hip hop mashed up together. Not a fan.

How they "sell out" when Run DMC been incorporating Rock in their music before they even did this collab.

It just seemed like a blatant attempt to crossover. I remember buying the album on the day it came out. I didn't like Walk This Way at first but it grew on me because MTV played it every hour for a few months. Also, it's interesting to note that BET didn't play he video.

Anyway, Raising Hell (the album) sold 3X platinum in the same year that it dropped. Not sure how many units it's sold since then (I'd imagine a lot of people who originally bought the tape or the record repurchased the CD).

It just seemed like a blatant attempt to crossover. I remember buying the album on the day it came out. I didn't like Walk This Way at first but it grew on me because MTV played it every hour for a few months. Also, it's interesting to note that BET didn't play he video.

Anyway, Raising Hell (the album) sold 3X platinum in the same year that it dropped. Not sure how many units it's sold since then (I'd imagine a lot of people who originally bought the tape or the record repurchased the CD).

How? Like I said they been using Rock N Roll in there music.

Wasn't like they were riding Areosmith's coattails cause they was on fire at the time. From docs I seen over the years, Walk This Way put Aerosmith back on the map.

Plus Walk This Way wasn't even the best selling single on the album. It's Tricky was.

When this came out I was still at that age where I pretty much just listened to what my pops was listening too...he was more of tha Commodores/ Stevie Wonder type cat...tha only hip-hop he was really listening to was Kool Moe Dee and Kurtis Blow...but I did see tha video on MTV all day everyday...as a youngster I thought it was cool enough...I knew I liked tha other shit Run DMC was putting out better tho

I saw it as bridging the gap as opposed to selling out

If u want an example of a sellout song i would say this a better example

I saw it as bridging the gap as opposed to selling out

If u want an example of a sellout song i would say this a better example

What's the difference?

I like the Tim Mcgraw song better.

And Nelly has songs like that by himself.

Back