Welcome To aBlackWeb

Obama honors Jayz

Race Jones

gangster. grace. alchemy

Former President Obama honored music mogul Jay-Z at his Rock & Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony, calling him “the embodiment of the American Dream.”

“I’ve turned to Jay-Z’s words at different points in my life, whether I was brushing dirt off my shoulder on the campaign trail, or sampling his lyrics on the Edmund Pettus Bridge on the 50th anniversary of the Selma march to Montgomery,” Obama said during Saturday’s ceremony.

“Today, Jay-Z is one of the most renowned artists in history and an embodiment of the American dream, a dream he has helped make real for other young people like him.”

Comedian Dave Chappelle also honored the hip-hop legend at the ceremony, saying that he is still “hip-hop” even though he is being inducted into a Rock & Roll fame, Yahoo! News reported.

“It is an incredible honor to induct this next man into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame,” Chappelle said. “But I need everybody in rock ‘n’ roll to know, that even though you are honoring him, he is ours. He is hip-hop. For ever and ever, and a day.”

Jay-Z, whose real name is Shawn Carter, said in his speech that he didn’t believe hip-hop acts would be inducted to the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, according to Reuters.

"That's a lot. Trying to make me cry in front of all these white people!" Jay-Z said. "Growing up we didn't think we could be inducted in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. We were told that hip-hop was a fad."

Lol the way white people cheer for you lol. The Yeah's and woo-hoo 😆. They love then some Jay-Z

What exactly is the American Dream?

The American dream is the belief that anyone, regardless of where they were born or what class they were born into, can attain their own version of success in a society in which upward mobility is possible for everyone.

by the definition Jay is the embodiment of the so called American Dream

nah exploitation and corruption is the american dream

both obama and jayz know about that

nah exploitation and corruption is the american dream

both obama and jayz know about that
oh......aight den

giphy.gif

Back