Welcome To aBlackWeb

NXT Thread (6/25)

Me too. I don't have to channel flip back & forth b/t NXT and AEW.

AC still talkin shyt laid out while Kyle was just sittin up wit the blank look was funny as shyt.
Yeah I actually watched a full episode of NXT without distractions last night. Always kept AEW on and follow up NXT at later dates but now it's hella easy to catch both live in the moment.

Gotta play it up, wrestling 101. Same way Triple H called AEW a peasant company tho they just did 1.2 mill. That's why it's hilarious when fans get upset when companies throw shots at eachother, it's all apart of the game.
Right, like both of them ain't bout to get improved numbers....

I remember Vince saying in the documentary that the guys worked their hardest when wcw was at their best. It was their strongest product.

Him and HHH prolly wanted that same intensity from NXT.

Charlotte & Finn were the two moves that let me know how serious they are about NXT. It's a legit brand

Lol yea that's what happened, Jericho...

I mean that is what happened though. 63 weeks to 10 AEW beat NXT in viewership. 74 to 1 AEW beat NXT in the key demo. Plus AEW caused NXT to begin hotshot booking, counter-programming, booking week to week, bringing in main roster stars to try and pop a rating, going from developmental to all of a sudden a 3rd brand, and many fans saying that they pretty much losing the essence of what made NXT, NXT in the first place.

Even if NBCSN didn't put hockey on Wednesdays AEW woulda just kept beating them in ratings.

Say what you want, but Vince sacrificed NXT to stop AEW's growth. If NXT was beating AEW in the ratings I'm sure Vince would have tried everything in his petty power to keep it on Wednesdays. NXT almost killed itself trying to kill AEW.

200.gif

Now with both shows on two different nights hopefully NXT can focus on getting they groove back and AEW can focus on growing as a company. That's why fans wanted this "war" to end. It was one-sided and was hurting both shows

Lmao.. if u do a side by side comparison of the rosters theres no reason why AEW should of been losing to NXT during the "War" if WWE really wanted to take it there u act like they couldn't of just stacked every NXT show despite AEW fans bitching about it.

Also AEW hit 1.2 mil unopposed this week with Mike Tyson announced and 2 title matches. If im not mistaken they also will be the lead in for some new MMA/UFC show going forward so that puts them in an even better position

they still gotta maintain that # and i honestly hope that they do but idk...

we've yet to see how much of that increase was due to Tysons involvement

Lmao.. if u do a side by side comparison of the rosters theres no reason why AEW should of been losing to NXT during the "War" if WWE really wanted to take it there u act like they couldn't of just stacked every NXT show despite AEW fans bitching about it.

Also AEW hit 1.2 mil unopposed this week with Mike Tyson announced and 2 title matches. If im not mistaken they also will be the lead in for some new MMA/UFC show going forward so that puts them in an even better position

Tyson was announced and on the show before with 3 title matches and didn't do that.

The problem with NXT only fans and AEW only fans it's always well it's because this and that...instead of easy "damn good for them", no matter the brand mfs gotta stop with the biased stuff including Shenco. Mfs acting liek both shows haven't been really good BUT they have to ride their side instead of enjoying wrestling as a whole.

Last edited:

Then NXT wouldn't be NXT...thus losing what made NXT, NXT in the first place...like I just said.

Tyson was on last week when they did 680k. So that's out the window.
First night of New Year's Smash 2021(A special episode btw) had two title matches(one being Omega vs Fenix) and that did 662k. The next week with two more title matches did 762k so that's out the window.
ONE benefitted from the AEW lead-in

So that's out the window.

I agree we'll see how far the drop... but the quarterlies tell me that people tuned in and stayed

Q1: Young Bucks interview/MJF & Mike Tyson segment/Bucks vs. PAC and Rey Fenix – 1,190,000 viewers, 587,000 in 18-49
Q2: End of Young Bucks vs. Death Triangle – 1,226,000 viewers (up 36,000), 558,000 in 18-49 (down 29,000)
Q3: Dark Order & Hangman Page segment/Inner Circle & Mike Tyson interview/Jade Cargill vs. Red Velvet – 1,193,000 viewers (down 33,000), 534,000 in 18-49 (down 24,000)
Q4: End of Cargill vs. Velvet/Britt Baker promo/Anthony Ogogo vs. Cole Carter/Miro promo – 1,173,000 viewers (down 20,000), 538,000 in 18-49 (up 4,000)
Q5: Chris Jericho vs. Dax Harwood/Bullet Club interview – 1,350,000 viewers (up 177,000), 595,000 in 18-49 (down 57,000)
Q6: Kris Statlander vs. Amber Nova/Team Taz promo – 1,241,000 viewers (down 108,000), 566,000 in 18-49 (down 29,000)
Q7: Christian, Taz & Powerhouse Hobbs segment/Darby Allin vs. Matt Hardy – 1,170,000 viewers (down 71,000), 561,000 in 18-49 (down 5,000)
Q8: End of Allin vs. Hardy – 1,205,000 viewers (up 35,000), 599,000 in 18-49 (up 38,000)

It had a 0.16 in 12-17 (up 45.5%), 0.26 in 18-34 (up 73.3%), 0.62 in 35-49 (up 48.5%) and 0.50 in 50+ (up 108.3%). The audience was 62.8% male in 18-49 and 56.6% male in 12-17.

Oh and that Darby Allin is the Demo God. So that's out the window.

Let's see. What else can I pick apart in this post? Hmm nothing else? Yea I think I got it all. You be well brother Dubbz

Right, like both of them ain't bout to get improved numbers....

I remember Vince saying in the documentary that the guys worked their hardest when wcw was at their best. It was their strongest product.

Him and HHH prolly wanted that same intensity from NXT.

Charlotte & Finn were the two moves that let me know how serious they are about NXT. It's a legit brand

That Charlotte move was a bust tho. It did nothing for the women's division.

Then NXT wouldn't be NXT...thus losing what made NXT, NXT in the first place...like I just said.

Tyson was on last week when they did 680k. So that's out the window.
First night of New Year's Smash 2021(A special episode btw) had two title matches(one being Omega vs Fenix) and that did 662k. The next week with two more title matches did 762k so that's out the window.
ONE benefitted from the AEW lead-in

So that's out the window.

I agree we'll see how far the drop... but the quarterlies tell me that people tuned in and stayed

Oh and that Darby Allin is the Demo God. So that's out the window.

Let's see. What else can I pick apart in this post? Hmm nothing else? Yea I think I got it all. You be well brother Dubbz

But what difference would this make tho? I asked you this same question the last time this shit came up and you dodged it.. yea NXT might of been different if that happened, people would of bitched about it but guess what? they still would of been watching..

:shrug2:

So yea, you should just be happy they aint choose to go that route whenever they were going head to head.

Back